There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by pdizo916:
I just thought about it. We have three lefties in the pen.

how about some good news to cheer you up. Runzler's arm

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/andrew-baggarly/ahmed-andy-runzler-has-big-league-arm
Cain officially announced as the opening day starter (duh) and had a BP scare. Damn thats two

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/andrew-baggarly/ahmed-baggs-cains-live-bp-scare-pences-hijinks
I really love that our squad is so experienced now in everything the MLB grind can throw at you. I feel better going into this year than after we won it in 2010. Been there done that. especially how we fought back in those two series' in the playoffs. We gon be good. Barring injuries. *knocking on wood*
how do you guys like Francisco Peguero's chances of making the roster as a backup OF?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
how do you guys like Francisco Peguero's chances of making the roster as a backup OF?

I like his chances and he is solid defensively, but I am suspect of him at the plate TBH.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I like his chances and he is solid defensively, but I am suspect of him at the plate TBH.

if he can drive the ball like he has been in Fresno, then i def like him over the old Torres

I think he starts in Fresno but is the first guy up if one of our OFs go down.
Originally posted by Muggins:
I really love that our squad is so experienced now in everything the MLB grind can throw at you. I feel better going into this year than after we won it in 2010. Been there done that. especially how we fought back in those two series' in the playoffs. We gon be good. Barring injuries. *knocking on wood*

You can say injuries are what s**tcanned our 2011 season. We were in 1st place until August that year I believe.

I'm perfectly content with letting the Dodgers ride 1st place for most of the year then breaking them in August when it matters. That's the way I see it happening.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I think he starts in Fresno but is the first guy up if one of our OFs go down.

so do you think we only go with 4 OF's?
edit.

also you.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
You can say injuries are what s**tcanned our 2011 season. We were in 1st place until August that year I believe.

I'm perfectly content with letting the Dodgers ride 1st place for most of the year then breaking them in August when it matters. That's the way I see it happening.

dodgers were the best team in baseball in first quarter of the year last year record wise
Conor G traded to the White Sox for Jeff Soptic (not even in the Sox top 20).
Originally posted by Muggins:
edit.

also you.

lol wtf?
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Conor G traded to the White Sox for Jeff Soptic (not even in the Sox top 20).

Gillaspie wasnt going to make the opening day roster, and was out of options. Plus hes not that good anyways. The Giants opted to get something for him now. Soptic is just a A ball RP who throws a high 90's fastball and nothing more, so hes a project. If we can help him develop a solid breaking pitch he could be useful in a couple years.
Live - Giants final spring workout

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=16570032&c_id=SF&content_id=25589639&partnerId=aw-6326713319270965385-1069
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com