There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Not sure if posted already, but Orlando Cepeda is throwing out the first pitch March 1st at 6 pm for Dixon Little League.

That is like 15 minutes on the freeway from me, so I will bring a bat for him to sign to go along with my Willie Mays and Jeff Kent Auto'd bats :)

You guys should check it out. Who knows how long he will be around ya know
Originally posted by Zachary:
Not sure if posted already, but Orlando Cepeda is throwing out the first pitch March 1st at 6 pm for Dixon Little League.

That is like 15 minutes on the freeway from me, so I will bring a bat for him to sign to go along with my Willie Mays and Jeff Kent Auto'd bats :)

You guys should check it out. Who knows how long he will be around ya know

If you haven't had a chance to meet him, he's incredibly approachable. Just don't ask him anything related to the current team. Dude doesn't really watch baseball anymore.
Anyone else excited for the WBC?
I think Kemp must've sprained his vagina. That's all from here...
Melky getting a WS ring...
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Well, without his contribution in the first half the Giants may not have been in a position to win the division. Guys with a lot less time and production than Melky gave have gotten rings. ( Benji Molina in 2010 comes to mind)
Im ready for some Giants Baseball....although im not a regular here during the season, partly because im in the East...but Im here repping hard in the Post Season as you all know! Lets get to work!
Originally posted by AC49er:

Not me. Just hope the Giants participating don't get hurt.
Originally posted by dcsham:

This I think it's a waste considering the US won't win

I would have preferred that no Giants were in it. I really dont like Vogey pitching in it.

Fred Lewis got a ring in '10.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I would have preferred that no Giants were in it. I really dont like Vogey pitching in it.

Pretty much like pitching a spring training game, right?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Pretty much like pitching a spring training game, right?

Not really. A spring training game means nothing and pitchers can kind of go at the speed they need to get into shape. This is different and the fear would be that a pitcher could go too hard too fast. I doubt Vogey will get hurt but I would still prefer that he wasnt in it.
I dont like it either. WBC is awesome, just would rather it be Giantless
Originally posted by redrathman:

Fred Lewis got a ring in '10.

He knows not to wear it. They shouldve just gave him the cash equivalent, because hes going to sell it anyways. A ring doesnt mean anything if you werent there.

He should just be glad he went to a team we arent playing this season. The pre-game "as soon as hes in town" ceremony for players no longer with the team wouldve been so awkward...
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com