There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Whatever happens... Bruce Bochy. He's the new Joe Torre IMO.
[ Edited by Muggins on Feb 14, 2013 at 5:22 PM ]
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lulz if we lost our first rounder

"we dont have any talent in our farm system, its ranked last by baseball america, needed that first rounder"

I've realized long ago that anything Sabean does will always be criticized by some folks here no matter what. Lol, if he had signed Bourne to a 12/48 how many people would have been b*tching that he could have gotten Pagan at 4/40 without having to give up a first round pick?

It will never end.

I wasnt critisizing Sabean. I was annoyed that Bourn ended up signing for nearly the same amount. Couldnt have known that back when we had to get an OF, but still frustrating. If you take defense and speed into account, Bourn is definately a much better player. He was probably the best defensive OF in baseball last year.

And btw, theres no "e" at the end of Bourn guys...
[ Edited by Niners99 on Feb 14, 2013 at 6:45 PM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Michael Bourne = Overrated
Angel Pagan = Underrated.

I'll take the the under.
Also, Pagan is a phenomenal clubhouse guy. Everyone loves him.
really hope Nick Noonan steps it up and makes the team as a backup infielder. he was a first round pick in 07 if my memory is correct.
Originally posted by Muggins:

Bruce the Moose is getting better as a manager. Now is more willing to throw down a bunt sign. steal, hit and run instead having people go for fences all the time.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Michael Bourne = Overrated
Angel Pagan = Underrated.

I'll take the the under.
Also, Pagan is a phenomenal clubhouse guy. Everyone loves him.

I actually think they are both overrated. Flaws in both of their games for guys with 40 million dollar deals.
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

Bruce the Moose is getting better as a manager. Now is more willing to throw down a bunt sign. steal, hit and run instead having people go for fences all the time.

I think he is the best manager in baseball. He gets more out of the talent given him than anyone.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

I think he is the best manager in baseball. He gets more out of the talent given him than anyone.

I agree, at least top 3 in the game. Nobody expected the Giants to win 2 of the last 3, especially given who we played. Boch gets the roster loose and feeling like a family, and the results are way better than expected.
is there no better feeling than being at a ballgame during a springtime sunny day?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
is there no better feeling than being at a ballgame during a springtime sunny day?

I can think of a few, but that's definitely high on the list.
Originally posted by crzy:
Does anybody here watch Giants games on their iphone or Android phone?

I really want to be able to do that since I'm never in front of TV during game time.

The one thing that concerns me is the MLB blackout rules. I live in Santa Rosa though, maybe that's outside the radius and I can purchase some online MLB package?

Any help would be appreciated.

If you have an iPhone you can jail break your phone, then get fake location app..I had mines set to NY for example. Then purchase the MLB tv, boom no more local blackout. Worked perfectly for me last season.

Shoutout to boast
EAD Kemp

www.latimes.com/sports/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-dodgers-matt-kemp-brandon-belt-chemistry-20130215,0,3532678.story
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
EAD Kemp

www.latimes.com/sports/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-dodgers-matt-kemp-brandon-belt-chemistry-20130215,0,3532678.story

lol @ Andrew Baggerly.

Andrew Baggarly ‏@CSNBaggs
Sensitive Matt Kemp is sensitive
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
EAD Kemp

Dodgers suck
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

I can think of a few, but that's definitely high on the list.

This lol
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com