There are 197 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

are we really talking soccer here? cmon soccer?
I am glad he vetoed the trade, but anybody know?
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
Anybody know what the Giants offered the Cubbies for Soriano last year?

I dont think the talks were serious, as soriano came out and said he didnt want to play in SF

knwoing sabean doe, he would have traded

Gary Brown, tommy joseph, nate shierholtz, for Soriano and picked up most of the contract
Does anyone know if the nike baseball gear run the same as NFL nike? Thanks
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I dont think the talks were serious, as soriano came out and said he didnt want to play in SF

Gary Brown, tommy joseph, nate shierholtz, for Soriano and picked up most of the contract

Yeah, I don't remember hearing that last year. Glad I didn't. Soriano is garbage for 18/year.
And Kyle Crick as a PBD if we made the playoffs.

There was a deal in place, and Soriano rejected it. We just want to know what we were giving up.
Originally posted by Niners99:

There was a deal in place, and Soriano rejected it. We just want to know what we were giving up.

It was never made public what the Giants would have traded. Probably best that it never happened.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
There is a damn WBC thread

Ban them all Rubber. Then you and I can talk Giants baseball. LOL

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

what a boss pic lol..
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
It's a damn shame Sandoval can't be dedicated enough to get in shape

Well, since he is also playing in the WBC, he should come in *reasonable* shape this season.

he may be in baseball shape, but that's not where Fred was going with his post

Exactly, dude Is still so round. He's so damn lucky he's young and it won't catch up to him but he won't be young forever. I was hoping with the success he had in the post season last year he would come in looking like he did in 2011. But I'm not surprise bein young that he thinks that since he dominated and won ws MVP he can come in overweight and play at a high level. Just imagine if he was in shape with the talent he has. Bochy already stated he's not happy with his weight, I would figure having millions and being able to hire the best trainers in the world would make it easier than the average person but guess not. By the way I knew him playing in Venezuela was a bad idea only because he would be in heaven eating his countries' dishes. All I'm saying is have some pride, the organization that's paying you millions wants you in shape and sees you as a vital asset

He may be my favorite player, but it is frustrating as hell to know he could be such a dominant player if he got his s**t straight but instead he settles for being who he is, which is still pretty good, but not maximizing your potential is utterly stupid. It does bug me.

I won't complain as long as he plays at a high level. It's worked out pretty well for Prince for the last six years. If we're talking longevity, then yeah he needs to buck the f**k up.

it doesn't bother you that Pablo could have more speed around the bases? He's already such agile guy, speed around the basis would be a major plus. On top of that, the added weight plays a big factor on his defense, you can't be a Prince Fielder playing 3rd base.

No, I'd rather he hit more homeruns than be able to go first to third on a deep single. Speed hasn't ever been my concern with him. Also, when he was his fattest in 2010 he was still an above-average defender according to UZR.

ok, it doesn't bother you that he settles for being an above-average defender when he could be much better if he got in shape? Point is Pablo is settling for what he is right now instead of being the best he can be, and THAT is frustrating as f**k

Boss pic indeed ^. What's up with that gardening glove though...

the glove is to keep the trophy shiny and not leave fingerprints
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

No, I'd rather he hit more homeruns than be able to go first to third on a deep single. Speed hasn't ever been my concern with him. Also, when he was his fattest in 2010 he was still an above-average defender according to UZR.

ok, it doesn't bother you that he settles for being an above-average defender when he could be much better if he got in shape? Point is Pablo is settling for what he is right now instead of being the best he can be, and THAT is frustrating as f**k

He's never going to be a Zim or Beltre so no, it doesn't bother me. As long as he stays above-average defensively I don't know how that's settling.

He's never going to be a Zim or Beltre so no, it doesn't bother me. As long as he stays above-average defensively I don't know how that's settling.

there's another umbrella statement. You're seriously telling me a 26 year old cannot get better defensively? He doesn't need to be Zim/Beltre, but the closer he could come to that the better it would be for this team. As someone already pointed out he can't get away with this forever, and when he can't no longer play 3B at this weight then what? There seems to be a pretty big logjam at 1B.
Share 49ersWebzone