There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Garcia:
this will be cool. i get to go see the Gigantes at Dodger Stadium and Petco Park now.

ya, but not as cool as seeing them in San Francisco. Trust me, Ive seen them in 14 different parks now.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
ya, but not as cool as seeing them in San Francisco. Trust me, Ive seen them in 14 different parks now.

That goes without saying. I love ATT park.

But I'm always down for something new, I have been to countless games at ATT.
this will be cool. i get to go see the Gigantes at Dodger Stadium and Petco Park now.

i go to Petco but i boycott Dodger Stadium. f**k that place and their Raider attitude havin' fans.

When you go to Dodger Stadium, make sure to set in the LF bleachers, wear your Giants gear, taunt Dodger fans, etc., etc., etc.
Originally posted by dcsham:

When you go to Dodger Stadium, make sure to set in the LF bleachers, wear your Giants gear, taunt Dodger fans, etc., etc., etc.

I do that, but from the nice seats

Hopefully will go to opening day on the 1st in LA if I'm in town. One of our neighbors grew up with Affeldt and saw me wearing my Posey jersey and invited us.
Why do we open on the road after winning the WS again, in LA again? I don't have a problem with it but it kinda seems like they should open at home.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Why do we open on the road after winning the WS again, in LA again? I don't have a problem with it but it kinda seems like they should open at home.

They came out with the schedule on 9/12 of last year, season wasnt even over yet, no MLB doesnt hate you guys
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

They came out with the schedule on 9/12 of last year, season wasnt even over yet, no MLB doesnt hate you guys

But you do!
Originally posted by valrod33:

Didn't know the schedule came out that early. Wasn't thinking MLB hated us but I thought they did it for some reason, like how the NFL starts the SB winner out at home in Primetime.
nvrmd. wrong thread
[ Edited by bayarealuv on Feb 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Janie McCauley ‏@JanieMcCAP
World Series champion #SFGiants are underway in the desert.

I heard an interview on KNBR a couple of years ago with Larry Baer and he stated that the Giants have informed MLB that they prefer to open on the road. He cited some data about weather in early April in San Francisco and how just a few days to a week makes a big difference. I don't remember any more details but he made it quite clear that if possible, the Giants prefer to open the season on the road.

I heard an interview on KNBR a couple of years ago with Larry Baer and he stated that the Giants have informed MLB that they prefer to open on the road. He cited some data about weather in early April in San Francisco and how just a few days to a week makes a big difference. I don't remember any more details but he made it quite clear that if possible, the Giants prefer to open the season on the road.

That makes sense, and as a fan I actually like opening on the road as well.

That makes sense, and as a fan I actually like opening on the road as well.

I agree, it never bothers me to open on the road because baseball is such a long season. An early bad series (as evidenced last year) is no indication of a bad season. Of course, falling into one of those really bad starts (something like a 2-10) can take a long time to overcome. In baseball, it's all about concentrating on winning each series.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Does anybody here watch Giants games on their iphone or Android phone?

I really want to be able to do that since I'm never in front of TV during game time.

The one thing that concerns me is the MLB blackout rules. I live in Santa Rosa though, maybe that's outside the radius and I can purchase some online MLB package?

Any help would be appreciated.
[ Edited by crzy on Feb 13, 2013 at 5:18 PM ]
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com