There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by dcsham:
lol, nobody will answer my question about when our farm system didn't suck, according to the "experts".

You have a point. Besides the year and half Posey/MadBum we're in the minors together our farm system was never highly regarded. Royals have a stacked farm system every year and they go no where. Points is things could be worse.
lol, nobody will answer my question about when our farm system didn't suck, according to the "experts".

Good point. I think our pitching prospects look promising but our hitting prospects look

But i do think we have enough to trade for a hitter if need be.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
and DC, the farm system sucks. You cannot continue to win if your talent level is not there, or if you have nothing to use in potential trades. It really isnt that hard to understand.

Ask and you shall receive. When we had real prospects like Posey and Bumgarner we were rated highly.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/organization-talent-rankings/2009/267865.html
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
and DC, the farm system sucks. You cannot continue to win if your talent level is not there, or if you have nothing to use in potential trades. It really isnt that hard to understand.

Ask and you shall receive. When we had real prospects like Posey and Bumgarner we were rated highly.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/organization-talent-rankings/2009/267865.html

Thanks, that's good information. With our young prospects from 2009 contributing and with key acquisitions and signings to keep the MLB roster strong, I'm confident there is plenty of time to upgrade the farm system while still fielding a very good baseball team.

Even when we our farm systems werent highly regarded, we still had some top heavy talent waiting in the wings.

Im not saying Crick isnt a quality prospect, but him being at number 1 on our list, and number 76 in Keith Law's top 100...Its safe to say we arent loaded with talent.

The Giants are becoming big spenders, with the stadium debt nearly gone, and the popularity going through the roof, so we wont need to lean as heavily on the farm system for success as much right now.

But, considering weve been winning with guys like Posey, Belt, Crawford, Sandoval, Cain, Lincecum, Bumgarner, Romo, etc., they should realize that success ultimately comes from having alot of homegrown talent.
Just got my seats to the ring ceremony game against STL.

I couldnt go to the one after 2010, so I didnt want to miss it again.
I think I just saw Romo signed a two year 9 mil deal

Correct

did we just buy out his last two years of arbitration or are one of those years are free agency years?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

did we just buy out his last two years of arbitration or are one of those years are free agency years?

Final two years or arbitration eligibility only
Anybody have inside info concerning Noah Lowry? He was so promising then beset with medical ailments. Trying to make a comeback?
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Feb 7, 2013 at 5:53 AM ]
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Anybody have inside info concerning Noah Lowry? He was so promising then beset with medical ailments. Trying to make a comeback?

the last thing i remember about him was he and his agent were not happy with how the Giants FO and staff treated him and his injuries.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Noah Lowry is done man.

Sounds like he tried to comeback in 2010 but .... yeah hes done.

He probably has a much of a chance to comeback and play with the Giants as Dave Drevecky does.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

He probably has a much of a chance to comeback and play with the Giants as Dave Drevecky does.

Get the Latest News at Giants365.com