There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
The Giants dont have that great of a farm to sell right now. Miami wouldnt even talk Stanton deal with us. Id let them have any combo of our prospects to get a young, franchise power hitter like Giancarlo Stanton. Theyre looking for a Profar+ type of package. We only have 1 or 2 top 100 guys.

Unless the Marlins are retarded.... we aren'ty getting Stanton. I don't even think its worth talking about because in reality it doesn't seem possible. Only in bizarro world.

Dom Brown - could be done if the G's want him.
Originally posted by Garcia:
The Giants dont have that great of a farm to sell right now. Miami wouldnt even talk Stanton deal with us. Id let them have any combo of our prospects to get a young, franchise power hitter like Giancarlo Stanton. Theyre looking for a Profar+ type of package. We only have 1 or 2 top 100 guys.

Unless the Marlins are retarded.... we aren'ty getting Stanton. I don't even think its worth talking about because in reality it doesn't seem possible. Only in bizarro world.

I dont. Hes shown almost no signs of life since being called up. At this point unless were getting him for cheap, hes not worth it.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
I dont. Hes shown almost no signs of life since being called up. At this point unless were getting him for cheap, hes not worth it.

if you go back to my original post about this, you would have read that this point was in there.
We definitely need a power hitting stud muffin. Don't see anything in the minors , so either by FA or trade. A left fielder who can frighten opposing pitchers. Gregor Blanco or Andrés Torres just doesn't do it.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Jan 29, 2013 at 2:07 AM ]

Exactly. This is why I hardly ever post in here anymore. Cant stand pretend swaps, especially when they are unrealistic. I find it a waste of time. Can't wait until there is something to actually talk about, I miss the G's!
Originally posted by pdizo916:
THIS THREAD IS DEAD.

What would you like to discuss? Baseball is non existent to me until after Sunday.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
We definitely need a power hitting stud muffin. Don't see anything in the minors , so either by FA or trade. A left fielder who can frighten opposing pitchers Gregor Blanco oder Andrés Torres just doesn't do it.

A solution would be:

1B Pablo
3B Arias
LF Belt

Late innings you move Belt to first and sub Pablo with Blanco/Torres.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
THIS THREAD IS DEAD.

What would you like to discuss? Baseball is non existent to me until after Sunday.

THIS!
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
THIS THREAD IS DEAD.

THIS!

Agreed.

This is the first time I've even clicked on this thread in like 3 weeks.
We definitely need a power hitting stud muffin. Don't see anything in the minors , so either by FA or trade. A left fielder who can frighten opposing pitchers Gregor Blanco oder Andrés Torres just doesn't do it.

A solution would be:

1B Pablo
3B Arias
LF Belt

Belt is a GG caliber first baseman, I just don't see the point in it. Arias isn't that big of an upgrade over Torres/Blanco in LF. If Kiesch gets healthy he may fight for a spot on the team, but I think he'd be the only position player to do so.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Belt is a GG caliber first baseman, I just don't see the point in it. Arias isn't that big of an upgrade over Torres/Blanco in LF. If Kiesch gets healthy he may fight for a spot on the team, but I think he'd be the only position player to do so.

Roger Kieschnick RF. Bats like crazy in minors. Can't keep it up with the big guys. Needs a long hard look? How about Pegs - Francisco? We need some heavy hitters tan pronto como sea posible.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Roger Kieschnick RF. Bats like crazy in minors. Can't keep it up with the big guys. Needs a long hard look? How about Pegs - Francisco? We need some heavy hitters tan pronto como sea posible.

I hope Peguero takes the starting spot..... got a gut feeling about him.
We definitely need a power hitting stud muffin. Don't see anything in the minors , so either by FA or trade. A left fielder who can frighten opposing pitchers Gregor Blanco oder Andr�s Torres just doesn't do it.

A solution would be:

1B Pablo
3B Arias
LF Belt

This idea needs to be put to rest. Brandon Belt is an awful OF. Hes a GG caliber 1B. He wants to play 1B, and we brought him up to play 1B. Pablo tried playing 1B last year and pulled his hammy stretching for a ball. Arias isnt an everyday type player.

To shuffle two guys who play above average defense at their current and natural positions, to positions theyd be defensive liabilities, just to upgrade Blanco to Arias in the lineup? Is that even an upgrade? Terrible idea, will never happen.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
THIS THREAD IS DEAD.

THIS!

Agreed.

This is the first time I've even clicked on this thread in like 3 weeks.

I try to stop in a read it every day on the chance someone is posting real news, only to find someone is proposing we trade Eli Whiteside for Ryan Braun or something stupid like that. (and yes I know Eli isnt there)
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
This idea needs to be put to rest. Brandon Belt is an awful OF. Hes a GG caliber 1B. He wants to play 1B, and we brought him up to play 1B. Pablo tried playing 1B last year and pulled his hammy stretching for a ball. Arias isnt an everyday type player.

To shuffle two guys who play above average defense at their current and natural positions, to positions theyd be defensive liabilities, just to upgrade Blanco to Arias in the lineup? Is that even an upgrade? Terrible idea, will never happen.

Im not an advocate of that idea, FYI. MrRogerCraig said we need an left fielder with some pop. All I said was what we could do with the current players we have.
Is Arias an upgrade? You could argue yes if you look at our winning record last year with Arias in the lineup. Just saying. Stupid as it was.

That being said.
I hope Peguero comes out and has a strong spring - I'd like to see him grab the starting spot.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com