LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Not a bad pick up. Not a great one either. "My kingdom for a power hitting left fielder." Forget the nag.
Just found out I'll be back in the States for good at the end of March.

Can't wait to watch baseball at normal hours again. These last 3 years living in Germany have taken their toll on me with first pitching ranging anywhere from 1am-4am. Didn't miss a single game though, so it was worth it.

Lets bring home a 3rd championship in 4 years. GO GIANTS!!!
[ Edited by BoiseNiner on Feb 4, 2013 at 9:07 PM ]
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

Can't wait to watch baseball at normal hours again. These last 3 years living in Germany have taken their toll on me with first pitching ranging anywhere from 1am-4am. Didn't miss a single game though, so it was worth it.

Where are you?

I live near Innsbruck and often go to München and farther north. I sometimes get up at 4.30 to watch Warriors' home games. I love where I live despite getting up at strange times of the day to catch SF sports.
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

Where are you?

I live near Innsbruck and often go to München and farther north. I sometimes get up at 4.30 to watch Warriors' home games. I love where I live despite getting up at strange times of the day to catch SF sports.

I live near Ramstein. My wife is in the Air Force, but is getting medically discharged soon. I love living in Europe as well, but have lived overseas a total of 7 years since 2001. From 2001-2004 when I was in the Navy stationed in Naples, Italy, and now in Germany with my wife these past 3 years. It's hard being away from all my family back in California and Idaho, so it'll be nice to be back for good.

My wife and I were actually down there a few times. We went to Garmisch for vacation last year. My wife really wanted to see some of the castles, especially Neuschwanstein. The year before that we went to Oktoberfest.

I'll definitely look back and love my times living overseas, but it's time for me to settle down and live in one place for good. I've moved around so much since I got out of High School in 2000.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Early nominee for longest post of the year. Didn't read.

Let me put it simple for you.... the Giants farm system was ranked near the bottom in all of baseball.

That's better. And that bothers you why? We see these rankings all of the time saying how bad we are, and yet we've won two of the last three world series.
[ Edited by dcsham on Feb 5, 2013 at 8:59 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dcsham:
That's better. And that bothers you why? We see these rankings all of the time saying how bad we are, and yet we've won two of the last three world series.

we have some decent pitching prospect.. but besides hembree, none that will help next year.

as far as our position player prospects.... I mean Gary Brown is our best bet other than that no potential stars.

they did say we have some pieces to make a trade in mid year if need be
[ Edited by Garcia on Feb 5, 2013 at 9:07 AM ]
This is the last year the Giants are in contention IMO. After this season, i think we may be in rebuilding mode.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
This is the last year the Giants are in contention IMO. After this season, i think we may be in rebuilding mode.

thank you for your baseless, factless, statement.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

lolwut? not with this pitching staff. even if Timmy...
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
MLB.tv is up today. $129.99.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp

Originally posted by boast:

Both Timmy and Zito are FA at the end of the year. Vogey has one more option left. Where do the Giants go after this season to replenish the pitching staff?
oh yea, ramon Ramirez!!!
Originally posted by boast:

Both Timmy and Zito are FA at the end of the year. Vogey has one more option left. Where do the Giants go after this season to replenish the pitching staff?

Not out of the realm of possibility:

2014 projected starting rotation
Matt Cain
Madison Bumgarner
Ryan Vogelsong (club option)
Mike Kickham
Veteran free agent

2015 projected starting rotation
Matt Cain
Madison Bumgarner
Kyle Crick
Mike Kickham
Chris Stratton of Clayton Blackburn
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) The San Francisco Giants have claimed infielder Tony Abreu off waivers from the Kansas City Royals.

Abreu had been designated for assignment by Kansas City on Jan. 25 and the Giants claimed him off outright waivers on Monday.

The 28-year-old Abreu hit .257 with one homer and 15 RBIs in 22 games for the Royals in 2012 after spending a majority of the campaign at Triple-A Omaha.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Not out of the realm of possibility:

2014 projected starting rotation
Matt Cain
Madison Bumgarner
Ryan Vogelsong (club option)
Mike Kickham
Veteran free agent

2015 projected starting rotation
Matt Cain
Madison Bumgarner
Kyle Crick
Mike Kickham
Chris Stratton of Clayton Blackburn

do you think kickham would be ready by then?
Share 49ersWebzone