There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Thats true. But, in the bigger picture I think this puts us behind the Braves . Right now I would rank the NL:

1) Washington
2) Cincy
3) Atlanta
4) LA
5) SF
6) STL

I'm sure everyone will disagree and put Giants higher but I think the teams above them really did some great things in the off season while the Giants did not add anything. I question if this team will have enough offense and whether the pitching will stay as healthy and productive as last year.

The Braves new lineup is going to be dangerous. There rotation is not that great outside of Medlen and an old Tim Hudson though.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Thats true. But, in the bigger picture I think this puts us behind the Braves . Right now I would rank the NL:

1) Washington
2) Cincy
3) Atlanta
4) LA
5) SF
6) STL

I'm sure everyone will disagree and put Giants higher but I think the teams above them really did some great things in the off season while the Giants did not add anything. I question if this team will have enough offense and whether the pitching will stay as healthy and productive as last year.

The Braves new lineup is going to be dangerous. There rotation is not that great outside of Medlen and an old Tim Hudson though.

If Mike Minor pitches the way he pitched in the 2nd half of the season we have a damn good rotation. Then we get Beachy back around the all star break as well

Minor after the all star break.

.87 Whip 2.16 ERA in 14 starts


Medlen
Hudson
Minor
Maholm
Teheran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Thats true. But, in the bigger picture I think this puts us behind the Braves . Right now I would rank the NL:

1) Washington
2) Cincy
3) Atlanta
4) LA
5) SF
6) STL

I'm sure everyone will disagree and put Giants higher but I think the teams above them really did some great things in the off season while the Giants did not add anything. I question if this team will have enough offense and whether the pitching will stay as healthy and productive as last year.

The Braves new lineup is going to be dangerous. There rotation is not that great outside of Medlen and an old Tim Hudson though.

If Mike Minor pitches the way he pitched in the 2nd half of the season we have a damn good rotation. Then we get Beachy back around the all star break as well

Minor after the all star break.

.87 Whip 2.16 ERA in 14 starts


Medlen
Hudson
Minor
Maholm
Teheran

Well.. I do like it but there isnt a chance in hell that Medlen can repeat what he did last year.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Well.. I do like it but there isnt a chance in hell that Medlen can repeat what he did last year.

No one said he would
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Well.. I do like it but there isnt a chance in hell that Medlen can repeat what he did last year.

No one said he would

I didnt say that you said he would.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Well.. I do like it but there isnt a chance in hell that Medlen can repeat what he did last year.

No one said he would

I didnt say that you said he would.

It's a better chance Minor doesn't repeat those second half numbers and if Hudson declines the Braves are in trouble.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,396
Originally posted by SFrush:
It's a better chance Minor doesn't repeat those second half numbers and if Hudson declines the Braves are in trouble.

hudson is a sinker baller, will pitch til 42 lol
get this gay ass braves b******t talk out of here.
^^^^^^^

This. Get the flock out.
Look at how many strikeouts the Braves are gonna have!!!!!!





On offense.

Not skurred
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Upton gone from Nl west

Now we face prado for a while

Thought we'd have to worry about them next year but then they traded both Upton and Baeur. Looks like it's us and the Dodgers this season.

Thats true. But, in the bigger picture I think this puts us behind the Braves . Right now I would rank the NL:

1) Washington
2) Cincy
3) Atlanta
4) SF
5) STL
6) LA

I'm sure everyone will disagree and put Giants higher but I think the teams above them really did some great things in the off season while the Giants did not add anything. I question if this team will have enough offense and whether the pitching will stay as healthy and productive as last year.

Don't question much, but did fix the bottom half of your top 6. I am a Giants fan, but I know Washington has a strong young core that is only getting better, Cincy who was one crazy night away from sweeping us in the division series, and now ATL has a killer line up w/stellar pitching. I still think we are better than StL, but that can change by the flip of a coin (actually think we are built very similar, but like our pitching more).

As for the Dodgers, they appear to be nothing more than "paper champions"...let them show they can work together and perform before we rank them above the reigning WS champions
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Look at how many strikeouts the Braves are gonna have!!!!!!





On offense.

Not skurred

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/justin-upton-the-braves-and-their-strikeouts/
you have your own thread, val. GTFO
Originally posted by boast:
you have your own thread, val. GTFO

cmon man. I dont come in here talking s**t or anything like that. I wasnt even the one who brought up the Braves.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com