LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 353 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dcsham:
Why?

Give him a shot.

Potential 5 tool player if he can reach his potential.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jan 27, 2013 at 7:12 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
rather focus on getting stanton than brown

I'd rather not sell the farm.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Why?

Give him a shot.

Potential 5 tool player if he can reach his potential.

I think he's been mishandled and is still relatively young. I'd take him too, but I don't think the Phils would let him go for cheap.

Giants dont have the quality prospects that it would take to get Stanton.
I'd like to see the Giants go after Dom Brown.

for a reasonable price***

Torres and a bag of apples?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I'd like to see the Giants go after Dom Brown.

for a reasonable price***

Torres and a bag of dicks?

fixed
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by boast:
you have your own thread, val. GTFO

He's lonely in there.

He has some buddies in there. Its JRG that flies solo in the Cards thread.

THIS THREAD IS DEAD.

I'd rather not sell the farm.

The Giants dont have that great of a farm to sell right now. Miami wouldnt even talk Stanton deal with us. Id let them have any combo of our prospects to get a young, franchise power hitter like Giancarlo Stanton. Theyre looking for a Profar+ type of package. We only have 1 or 2 top 100 guys.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
[ Edited by Garcia on Jan 28, 2013 at 2:07 AM ]

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
The Giants dont have that great of a farm to sell right now. Miami wouldnt even talk Stanton deal with us. Id let them have any combo of our prospects to get a young, franchise power hitter like Giancarlo Stanton. Theyre looking for a Profar+ type of package. We only have 1 or 2 top 100 guys.

Unless the Marlins are retarded.... we aren'ty getting Stanton. I don't even think its worth talking about because in reality it doesn't seem possible. Only in bizarro world.

Dom Brown - could be done if the G's want him.

Unless the Marlins are retarded.... we aren'ty getting Stanton. I don't even think its worth talking about because in reality it doesn't seem possible. Only in bizarro world.

I dont. Hes shown almost no signs of life since being called up. At this point unless were getting him for cheap, hes not worth it.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I dont. Hes shown almost no signs of life since being called up. At this point unless were getting him for cheap, hes not worth it.

if you go back to my original post about this, you would have read that this point was in there.
We definitely need a power hitting stud muffin. Don't see anything in the minors , so either by FA or trade. A left fielder who can frighten opposing pitchers. Gregor Blanco or Andrés Torres just doesn't do it.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Jan 29, 2013 at 2:07 AM ]

Exactly. This is why I hardly ever post in here anymore. Cant stand pretend swaps, especially when they are unrealistic. I find it a waste of time. Can't wait until there is something to actually talk about, I miss the G's!
Share 49ersWebzone