There are 219 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Would be risky but I might do that. WIth Crick, Statton, and Kickham, the Giants would still have 3 solid young SP prospects. Morse is only making 6.75 million in 2013. My guess is that there will be strong demand for him even though he has just one year left on his deal and will command more than what the Giants would or could give up.

I doubt all 3 pitchers are going to pan out.... I think the giants could afford to give up one of them (maybe two, if your talking elite player) ....

You may want to take a chance on a player like Morse with unknown commodities. See Tim Alderson trade.

There are no combos of those 3 pitching prospects that would be able to get us an elite player. Theyre all very raw and unproven. The Giants just dont have the assets to trade for a valuable player.

Yep. You arent going to get an elite player for our prospects. Morse could be had but he isnt worth giving up two or three top guys given that he is a FA in 2014. I have to admit though, I would like him in LF this year.

really like Morse, but he's not 'elite'
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Would be risky but I might do that. WIth Crick, Statton, and Kickham, the Giants would still have 3 solid young SP prospects. Morse is only making 6.75 million in 2013. My guess is that there will be strong demand for him even though he has just one year left on his deal and will command more than what the Giants would or could give up.

I doubt all 3 pitchers are going to pan out.... I think the giants could afford to give up one of them (maybe two, if your talking elite player) ....

You may want to take a chance on a player like Morse with unknown commodities. See Tim Alderson trade.

There are no combos of those 3 pitching prospects that would be able to get us an elite player. Theyre all very raw and unproven. The Giants just dont have the assets to trade for a valuable player.

Yep. You arent going to get an elite player for our prospects. Morse could be had but he isnt worth giving up two or three top guys given that he is a FA in 2014. I have to admit though, I would like him in LF this year.

But he's way more "elite" of a hitter than any other LF option we have. So "elite" is a relevant term for a power/production starved team like ours.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

But he's way more "elite" of a hitter than any other LF option we have. So "elite" is a relevant term for a power/production starved team like ours.

yes but just so you can upgrade from good to very good doesn't mean you're gonna pay an elite price in terms of prospects, especially if other teams will drive up his price. He somewhat has to "want" to play in SF, meaning agreeing to an extension, then I'd be ok with paying a bit more
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I'd say the odds are pretty high no one gets into the HOF today. Will be interesting to see what happens.

good guess.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8828339/no-players-elected-baseball-hall-fame-writers

what a joke...
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

yes but just so you can upgrade from good to very good doesn't mean you're gonna pay an elite price in terms of prospects, especially if other teams will drive up his price. He somewhat has to "want" to play in SF, meaning agreeing to an extension, then I'd be ok with paying a bit more

Agreed...unfortunately/fortunately, we don't have elite prospects (not even one) to trade away for him anyway.
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
good guess.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8828339/no-players-elected-baseball-hall-fame-writers

what a joke...

who is on the voting committee? I want names.....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
good guess.

what a joke...

http://bbwaa.com/13-hof-ballots/

Interesting to check out. Some local guys on there -- Baggs, Haft.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
good guess.

what a joke...

http://bbwaa.com/13-hof-ballots/

Interesting to check out. Some local guys on there -- Baggs, Haft.
lol Mark Kreidler went Biggio and that was it.
Purdy, Killion, and Mr. Amy G. all left Bonds off their ballot...

Its bad enough when out-of-market writers screw Bonds over, but the local writers who witnessed how great he was up close, on a daily basis all those years? Pure idiocy.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM ]

Its bad enough when out-of-market writers screw Bonds over, but the local writers who witnessed how great he was up close, on a daily basis all those years? Pure idiocy.

Same to the ones who voted for Matt Morris. A couple guys voted for ONLY Morris. "Honorary" voters. What a total mockery of the process.

Amy G. has a say in who's voted into the HoF??

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Same to the ones who voted for Matt Morris. A couple guys voted for ONLY Morris. "Honorary" voters. What a total mockery of the process.

Her husband.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Her husband.

f**k him
they need to have new voters....
In other news we signed Kensuke Tanaka to a minor league deal:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=tanaka001ken
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
In other news we signed Kensuke Tanaka to a minor league deal:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=tanaka001ken

where is michael bourn?
Share 49ersWebzone