• Garce
  • Veteran
vote buster you jotos
http://www.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=25545995&topic_id=40867308&c_id=sf
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Well it looks like it's time we revisit the Michael Morse conversations, LaRoche just signed and they're going to deal him.

While I would love to get him I just dont see Sabean pulling the trigger on it. He would have to give up top pitching prospects and that seems unlikely.

Would you give up Gary Brown, Clayton Blackburn and an extra body for Morse?

Nope. Way too much to give up given his contract situation.

Just Clayton Blackburn and an extra body? I realize it's just a one-year rental, but you gotta give up something good to get back something good.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Just Clayton Blackburn and an extra body? I realize it's just a one-year rental, but you gotta give up something good to get back something good.

If you're going to make a trade like that, you got to try and sign him long term.
Originally posted by Garcia:

If you're going to make a trade like that, you got to try and sign him long term.

Agreed.
Is Posey playing in the World Baseball Classic

Agreed.

Would be risky but I might do that. WIth Crick, Statton, and Kickham, the Giants would still have 3 solid young SP prospects. Morse is only making 6.75 million in 2013. My guess is that there will be strong demand for him even though he has just one year left on his deal and will command more than what the Giants would or could give up.

Agreed.

Would be risky but I might do that. WIth Crick, Statton, and Kickham, the Giants would still have 3 solid young SP prospects. Morse is only making 6.75 million in 2013. My guess is that there will be strong demand for him even though he has just one year left on his deal and will command more than what the Giants would or could give up.

I like Blackburn and think he could be argued as our best prospect along with Crick (both of them are in the mold of Matt Cain). If we were talking about someone more cost-controlled I'd be interested but I just still think it's too much.
love this team! cant wait for next season!
  • Garce
  • Veteran

I doubt all 3 pitchers are going to pan out.... I think the giants could afford to give up one of them (maybe two, if your talking elite player) ....

You may want to take a chance on a player like Morse with unknown commodities. See Tim Alderson trade.

I doubt all 3 pitchers are going to pan out.... I think the giants could afford to give up one of them (maybe two, if your talking elite player) ....

You may want to take a chance on a player like Morse with unknown commodities. See Tim Alderson trade.

There are no combos of those 3 pitching prospects that would be able to get us an elite player. Theyre all very raw and unproven. The Giants just dont have the assets to trade for a valuable player.

Originally posted by Niners99:

There are no combos of those 3 pitching prospects that would be able to get us an elite player. Theyre all very raw and unproven. The Giants just dont have the assets to trade for a valuable player.

Yep. You arent going to get an elite player for our prospects. Morse could be had but he isnt worth giving up two or three top guys given that he is a FA in 2014. I have to admit though, I would like him in LF this year.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Trade Crick to the Cardinals
Originally posted by jrg:
Trade Crick to the Cardinals

Nah I don't want to give you the nice gift that Ned Colleti and the Dodgers gave us when they 'poached' Juan Uribe from us after the Giants won the World Series in 2010. As a result of the Dodgers signing Juan Uribe, the Giants got a 1st round sandwich pick and with that pick the Giants selected Kyle Crick.

Out of all of our pitching prospects I want Kyle Crick to succeed and reach his potential in a Giants uniform more than any other Giants pitching prospect.
[ Edited by sfgiantdave on Jan 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM ]
I'd say the odds are pretty high no one gets into the HOF today. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I'd say the odds are pretty high no one gets into the HOF today. Will be interesting to see what happens.

I agree, although the east media is making a big push for Piazza.
Share 49ersWebzone