LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

at us being lucky.

As good 'ol Lefty Gomez said, "I'd rather be lucky than good!"

So much f**king hate, suck our rings.
Originally posted by Niners99:
What does this have to do with Sabean? Or are you just looking for a fight?

We all know how much you love Brian Sabean. I give him credit for being the GM of a team that won 2 WS titles. He had a 130 mil. payroll, and has made just as many (or more) mistakes as he has good moves. Sabean isnt a top 10 GM. Hes not. You think he is, I disagree. MOVING ON. Stop bringing it up, because its pointless.

It makes no sense to suggest that because I think Sabean is overrated, I cant have the opinion that the Giants earned their 2 WS. I swear, sometimes you border on troll status...

baloney. You can have any opinion you want. You are generally wrong.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
lol @ baloney. Trolls love baloney doe.
Originally posted by Muggins:

aww, so sweet. I only troll you. Heehee
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dcsham:

We all know how much you love Brian Sabean. I give him credit for being the GM of a team that won 2 WS titles. He had a 130 mil. payroll, and has made just as many (or more) mistakes as he has good moves. Sabean isnt a top 10 GM. Hes not. You think he is, I disagree. MOVING ON. Stop bringing it up, because its pointless.

It makes no sense to suggest that because I think Sabean is overrated, I cant have the opinion that the Giants earned their 2 WS. I swear, sometimes you border on troll status...

Way to back up your argument.

Way to back up your argument.
Lol, it's not worth the trouble to get too detailed. Hometown discounts from free agents who haven't lived in the bay area for years. Posey taking a below market value contract extension. Your ideas are almost always fantasy. Like I've said before, I don't expect anything much different from you about the Giants front office because you will never change your mind and that's fine. I just thought your comments about how pissed you were because never have you seen a team accomplish so much but get so little credit were hilarious because you do the same thing with Sabean and the Giants front office all of the time. And where have you EVER given him any credit?

That's fine; its your opinion but you are just dead wrong. You've had an easy ride because most people on this thread agree with you about Sabean, but I don't and I'll call you out about it when I think you are being a hypocrite. ANY GM who has been around as long as he has will have good moves and bad moves. You ALWAYS say when Sabean makes a bad move he is shat, and when he makes a good move he is lucky, and that's why I thought your post was hilarious.

I didn't realize you were this sensitive.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Vote for Buster.

[ Edited by Muggins on Jan 7, 2013 at 5:43 AM ]

Lol, I love George. Funny, I was at a Giant-Dodger game years ago in LA and Jason Alexander sang the national anthem. I was shocked...the guy has a really good singing voice.

Lol, I love George. Funny, I was at a Giant-Dodger game years ago in LA and Jason Alexander sang the national anthem. I was shocked...the guy has a really good singing voice.

You do know that he starred in the musical of The Producers right? Or maybe not. I saw it in LA and he can most definitely sing.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

You do know that he starred in the musical of The Producers right? Or maybe not. I saw it in LA and he can most definitely sing.

I didn't know he could sing until I saw him at the game but this was many years ago...Kirk Reuter was the starter for the Giants so that should put some time perspective on it! We got shelled by the way
I love your guys' optimism, but in no way shape or form is Buster Posey the #3 rated fantasy player going into 2013. No shot.

Players that WILL be rated higher than him (in no order):
Mike Trout
Miguel Cabrera
Robinson Cano
Andrew Mccutchen
Matt Kemp
Ryan Braun

Players that LIKELY will be rated higher than him (in no order):
Joey Votto
Josh Hamilton
Albert Pujols
Prince Fielder
Jose Bautista
Carlos Gonzalez

Players that could go either way (no order):
Troy Tulowitzki
Jose Reyes
Giancarlo Stanton
Curtis Granderson

And thats not even counting pitchers. There will probably be 4 or so pitchers rated higher than Posey as well. I love Buster Posey as much as you guys do, but to say he will be rated a top 3 player going into the season is silly, even when you take position scarcity into account.
[ Edited by From45to412 on Jan 7, 2013 at 1:18 PM ]
Double post
[ Edited by From45to412 on Jan 7, 2013 at 1:15 PM ]
^^^^^^^

He wasn't gone long...
^^^^^^^

He wasn't gone long...

80sbaby?
Share 49ersWebzone