LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Fantasy wise, its Trout, not close. With a full 6 months next year, Trout could very well post .325 avg., 35 HR, 55 SB, 100 RBI, 140 R.

That value will dwarf Cabrera's .325 avg., 40 HR, 0 SB, 120 RBI, 110 R imo.

I think the top 3 picks should be Trout, Cabrera, Posey, but theres a fairly big gap between each of them.

Trout could post those numbers or he could regress a bit in his 2nd year. I dont see 35 homers out of him next year but its certainly possible. I think the top 3 should be Trout, Miggy, Braun.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Buster Olney Blog: Top 10 teams with critique from scouts

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a column with my first top 10 power rankings of winter. That top 10 stands for today's column, but I asked talent evaluators to critique the list and provide input on where they disagree.

To repeat: The top 10 rankings are mine; the commentary is from folks who work within the sport, from GMs to assistant GMs to scouts.

The ranking of one American League team, in particular, drew a lot of scrutiny, and my team at the top was also questioned.

1. San Francisco Giants

Longtime evaluator: "To me, the Giants are the best example of what a crapshoot the postseason is. I don't think they're a great team, but they've played well in a couple of Octobers; they were lucky. I don't think they're the best team."

NL evaluator: "They won World Series, but just about everything went right; I'm not sure if that will happen again."

We got lucky 3 straight times on the road in Cincy? Then we got lucky again 7 games in a row to finish it?

Or did we just have a great pitching staff, and good hitters that stepped up on the big stage...

Ive never seen a team accomplish so much, yet get so little credit. The media sucks. They cant stand when the story they predicted (the one they wanted to write about) doesnt happen.

The only person associated with the Giants that you think is lucky is Sabean. Your comments above about accomplishing so much but getting so little credit are hilarious coming from you.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Fantasy wise, its Trout, not close. With a full 6 months next year, Trout could very well post .325 avg., 35 HR, 55 SB, 100 RBI, 140 R.

I think the top 3 picks should be Trout, Cabrera, Posey, but theres a fairly big gap between each of them.

Trout could post those numbers or he could regress a bit in his 2nd year. I dont see 35 homers out of him next year but its certainly possible. I think the top 3 should be Trout, Miggy, Braun.

^This. Posey is not gonna be a better fantasy option than Braun.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by jrg:

Catcher is a lot tougher to get FP. Posey took a while to get back mentally from the injury. His second half was unconscious. I'd go with Posey because of his position.

Not to sure about that...it depends on how the scoring from that position goes.
[ Edited by dcsham on Jan 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM ]

Catcher is a lot tougher to get FP. Posey took a while to get back mentally from the injury. His second half was unconscious. I'd go with Posey because of his position.

Braun is more of a sure thing that Posey. More homers, more RBS, way more steals, more runs scored. In fact, more of everything. Posey was unconscious in the 2nd half and I find it doubtful that he will repeat those numbers in 2013. To me its a no brainer that Braun would be ahead of Posey.
Posey is the son of God and anyone talking pooh is dead to me

Braun is more of a sure thing that Posey. More homers, more RBS, way more steals, more runs scored. In fact, more of everything. Posey was unconscious in the 2nd half and I find it doubtful that he will repeat those numbers in 2013. To me its a no brainer that Braun would be ahead of Posey.
Again, my argument was that Catcher is a tougher position to get fantasy points. I'm sure Braun will be a beast, but Posey will be a beast at a hard position to get points.

I get that but Posey will not be ranked ahead of Braun anywhere for fantasy.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jan 5, 2013 at 5:49 PM ]

Again, my argument was that Catcher is a tougher position to get fantasy points. I'm sure Braun will be a beast, but Posey will be a beast at a hard position to get points.

Okay, then find someone else to argue that point with.

Why dont you go in your Laker thread then or better yet.... get in our fantasy BB league. LOL I could use another sucker to beat.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jan 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM ]

Why dont you go in your Laker thread then or better yet.... get in our fantasy BB league. LOL I could use another sucker to beat.

LOL Seriously though Amp. We should have spots open. You should be able to beat James the Cards fan. (jk James. You know I love you man)
  • jrg
  • Veteran

LOL Seriously though Amp. We should have spots open. You should be able to beat James the Cards fan. (jk James. You know I love you man)

Uh..no. Lol, we need to get a $$$ baseball league going. Any takers? I'll run it. Or we can turn WZ Baseball into $$$.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Uh..no. Lol, we need to get a $$$ baseball league going. Any takers? I'll run it. Or we can turn WZ Baseball into $$$.

im in

If we do money it would be starting over and not converting a league. Even though I made the finals in that league.
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Buster Olney Blog: Top 10 teams with critique from scouts

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a column with my first top 10 power rankings of winter. That top 10 stands for today's column, but I asked talent evaluators to critique the list and provide input on where they disagree.

To repeat: The top 10 rankings are mine; the commentary is from folks who work within the sport, from GMs to assistant GMs to scouts.

The ranking of one American League team, in particular, drew a lot of scrutiny, and my team at the top was also questioned.

1. San Francisco Giants

Longtime evaluator: "To me, the Giants are the best example of what a crapshoot the postseason is. I don't think they're a great team, but they've played well in a couple of Octobers; they were lucky. I don't think they're the best team."

NL evaluator: "They won World Series, but just about everything went right; I'm not sure if that will happen again."

We got lucky 3 straight times on the road in Cincy? Then we got lucky again 7 games in a row to finish it?

Or did we just have a great pitching staff, and good hitters that stepped up on the big stage...

Ive never seen a team accomplish so much, yet get so little credit. The media sucks. They cant stand when the story they predicted (the one they wanted to write about) doesnt happen.

The only person associated with the Giants that you think is lucky is Sabean. Your comments above about accomplishing so much but getting so little credit are hilarious coming from you.

What does this have to do with Sabean? Or are you just looking for a fight?

We all know how much you love Brian Sabean. I give him credit for being the GM of a team that won 2 WS titles. He had a 130 mil. payroll, and has made just as many (or more) mistakes as he has good moves. Sabean isnt a top 10 GM. Hes not. You think he is, I disagree. MOVING ON. Stop bringing it up, because its pointless.

It makes no sense to suggest that because I think Sabean is overrated, I cant have the opinion that the Giants earned their 2 WS. I swear, sometimes you border on troll status...
  • jrg
  • Veteran

If we do money it would be starting over and not converting a league. Even though I made the finals in that league.

Well yeah obviously. Just saying. We have a $$$ football league now. Lets do it w/ baseball.
I want in on a fantasy bball league. I set my lineups and pay attention...lemme in!
Share 49ersWebzone