2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Garcia:
that your son on the left?

Lol thats me and my father in law on the right

Oh. I thought that was you and DC

Not me, he has hair.
The Giants have claimed pitcher Sandy Rosario off waivers.

Stats http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=466459#gameType=%27R%27
Story http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121221&content_id=40774788&vkey=news_&c_id=
[ Edited by SoCal9er on Dec 21, 2012 at 4:32 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
The Giants have claimed pitcher Sandy Rosario off waivers.

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=466459#gameType=%27R%27

interesting.
Anyone hearing that the Giants signed Cole Gillespie to a minor league contract?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dcsham:
Anyone hearing that the Giants signed Cole Gillespie to a minor league contract?

who the F is that?

who the F is that?

Former douchebag OF, played in Reno last year I think. I'll have to call my cousin Brian to find out
[ Edited by dcsham on Dec 21, 2012 at 5:17 PM ]

Yes, this has been reported by Matt Eddy of Baseball America.

who the F is that?

Former douchebag OF, played in Reno last year I think. I'll have to call my cousin Brian to find out

Hes just a AAA roster filler. He'll be 29 this summer, so he probably missed the boat. Hes kind of like a poor mans Brett Pill type guy.
Originally posted by Niners99:

who the F is that?

Hes just a AAA roster filler. He'll be 29 this summer, so he probably missed the boat. Hes kind of like a poor mans Brett Pill type guy.

He had a good year in Reno but you are right. Possibly could be a RH off the bench if needed to spell a short term injury.

The Rosario signing is somewhat intriguing, because he obviously has a power arm and is still young enough to improve if given the right coaching and circumstances.
[ Edited by dcsham on Dec 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
He had a good year in Reno but you are right. Possibly could be a RH off the bench if needed to spell a short term injury.

The Rosario signing is somewhat intriguing, because he obviously has a power arm and is still young enough to improve if given the right coaching and circumstances.

Righetti + Power Arm =

Righetti + Power Arm =

Sabean
[ Edited by dcsham on Dec 22, 2012 at 9:39 AM ]
Scouring the wires, looking for undiscovered talent.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
4/5, 4/6, 4/7

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
4/5, 4/6, 4/7

?
Originally posted by jrg:
4/5, 4/6, 4/7

?