There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
How was I wrong? All I said was that IF (if, if, IF) Hamilton signs a 3/$75M, we better have made a similar offer. I dont understand what is so difficult to understand about that. And no, you are incorrect in saying that "I originally brought it up," but rather I was responding to the topic.

Theres really no need for the second part of your post. I dont disappear, nor do I made a ton of odd comments. I have been a consistent poster since I joined here....not that I should have to justify it for you. If you would like to continue to hold the David Lee comment over my head, fine. I deserve it. However, how he has played for 20 games this season shouldnt override the rest of his time here. But thats fine. Like I said, continue to keep holding little things against me and I will continue to keep brushing it off.

What David Lee comment?

Just stop dude. You know damn well what I am talking about, and you even went as far as alluding to it in earlier pages of this thread.
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Josh Hamilton was not becoming a Giant with that contract.

Don't you remember? Sabean could have offered him 3/$75 and he would have signed here. If only Sabean had done that.

You and a few others on here have a hard time giving up the past. At the time, there wasnt a SINGLE TEAM that offered Hamilton a 4+ year contract. Not one. Thats when myself and others said if THAT is all he is being offered, we should throw our names into the hat. I still dont see the problem with what a few of us said, given the circumstances at the time.

Let it go dude.

Nobody in their right mind believed that Hamilton would sign for 3/$75. I didn't actually remember it was you who made the original comment until you reminded me just now. And it doesn't surprise me that it was you.

I think that you have a bad habit of posting odd comments without thinking and then disappearing. We all do it from time to time, but you seem to have perfected the art. I don't hold any grudge against you personally but I just think that you are often wrong about most everything regarding the Giants and Warriors. I haven't read any of your 49er posts and don't really want to but I can't imagine them being much different.

Really twisting words here dude. No one ever said Sabean should have offered Hamilton 3 year/$75 million and that he would have taken it. All anyone said if that's what he ended up getting, then Sabean should have thrown his hat in the ring, he'd be retarded not to.

The original comment was from me, from a rumor I read saying that was the CURRENT offer on the table for him (from the M's I believe). Up until very recently no one had offered him five years, which is stupid of the Angels to begin with.

Anyway, it's a moot point now, the Giants were never going to go that many years or that much money and it is of course the right decision. Completely hypothetical conversation.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
How was I wrong? All I said was that IF (if, if, IF) Hamilton signs a 3/$75M, we better have made a similar offer. I dont understand what is so difficult to understand about that. And no, you are incorrect in saying that "I originally brought it up," but rather I was responding to the topic.

Theres really no need for the second part of your post. I dont disappear, nor do I made a ton of odd comments. I have been a consistent poster since I joined here....not that I should have to justify it for you. If you would like to continue to hold the David Lee comment over my head, fine. I deserve it. However, how he has played for 20 games this season shouldnt override the rest of his time here. But thats fine. Like I said, continue to keep holding little things against me and I will continue to keep brushing it off.

What David Lee comment?

Just stop dude. You know damn well what I am talking about, and you even went as far as alluding to it in earlier pages of this thread.

Lol, how sensitive of you. Here's the deal from my perspective...we all have things the Giants do that don't make us happy from time to time. But all of us get happiness out of the Giants winning. Your posts about the Giants are almost 100% negative ALL of the time. You RARELY if ever post anything positive. And the ridiculous posts you made in the Warrior thread are more of the same to me. And that's the last I will say about it.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Really twisting words here dude. No one ever said Sabean should have offered Hamilton 3 year/$75 million and that he would have taken it. All anyone said if that's what he ended up getting, then Sabean should have thrown his hat in the ring, he'd be retarded not to.

The original comment was from me, from a rumor I read saying that was the CURRENT offer on the table for him (from the M's I believe). Up until very recently no one had offered him five years, which is stupid of the Angels to begin with.

Anyway, it's a moot point now, the Giants were never going to go that many years or that much money and it is of course the right decision. Completely hypothetical conversation.

Nobody is twisting words; the 3/$75 offer was a rumor that nobody took seriously. Moot point to be sure, but I don't know how such a ridiculously low ball offer turns into a disucssion about Sabean being retarded if he didn't throw his hat in the ring. Any GM would be retarded for not signing Hamilton to a contract like that, but it was never even a remote possibility. I guess I just don't do well with hypotheticals lol.
I thought we won the World Series twice in the last three years.

By reading the last few pages it seems like we have been a sub .500 team the last few years.

This is getting ridiculous, we won the FREAKING WORLD SERIES TITLE 2 TIMES IN THE LAST 3 YEARS, yet all I'm reading about is complaining and b***hing over the fact that the GM who assembled 2 World Series Titles in the last 3 years is a moron by overpaying and signing someone to a one year 2M deal. GEESH! GET A GRIP!
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
I thought we won the World Series twice in the last three years.

By reading the last few pages it seems like we have been a sub .500 team the last few years.

This is getting ridiculous, we won the FREAKING WORLD SERIES TITLE 2 TIMES IN THE LAST 3 YEARS, yet all I'm reading about is complaining and b***hing over the fact that the GM who assembled 2 World Series Titles in the last 3 years is a moron by overpaying and signing someone to a one year 2M deal. GEESH! GET A GRIP!

Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
How was I wrong? All I said was that IF (if, if, IF) Hamilton signs a 3/$75M, we better have made a similar offer. I dont understand what is so difficult to understand about that. And no, you are incorrect in saying that "I originally brought it up," but rather I was responding to the topic.

Theres really no need for the second part of your post. I dont disappear, nor do I made a ton of odd comments. I have been a consistent poster since I joined here....not that I should have to justify it for you. If you would like to continue to hold the David Lee comment over my head, fine. I deserve it. However, how he has played for 20 games this season shouldnt override the rest of his time here. But thats fine. Like I said, continue to keep holding little things against me and I will continue to keep brushing it off.

What David Lee comment?

Just stop dude. You know damn well what I am talking about, and you even went as far as alluding to it in earlier pages of this thread.

Lol, how sensitive of you. Here's the deal from my perspective...we all have things the Giants do that don't make us happy from time to time. But all of us get happiness out of the Giants winning. Your posts about the Giants are almost 100% negative ALL of the time. You RARELY if ever post anything positive. And the ridiculous posts you made in the Warrior thread are more of the same to me. And that's the last I will say about it.

Exaggerate much? Come on bro. Almost 100% negative ALL the time? The negative comments I have made in this thread have almost all been about Brandon Belt. I have defended Sabean a lot recently too. And my ridiculous postS in the Warriors thread? It was ONE post dude.

I am done arguing too. You are exaggerating and blowing everything out of proportion.

This sums things up nicely.

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Really twisting words here dude. No one ever said Sabean should have offered Hamilton 3 year/$75 million and that he would have taken it. All anyone said if that's what he ended up getting, then Sabean should have thrown his hat in the ring, he'd be retarded not to.

The original comment was from me, from a rumor I read saying that was the CURRENT offer on the table for him (from the M's I believe). Up until very recently no one had offered him five years, which is stupid of the Angels to begin with.

Anyway, it's a moot point now, the Giants were never going to go that many years or that much money and it is of course the right decision. Completely hypothetical conversation.

I think its funny how you responded nicely with no insults to itlyn's comment, when I essentially said the exact same thing.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Exaggerate much? Come on bro. Almost 100% negative ALL the time? The negative comments I have made in this thread have almost all been about Brandon Belt. I have defended Sabean a lot recently too. And my ridiculous postS in the Warriors thread? It was ONE post dude.

I am done arguing too. You are exaggerating and blowing everything out of proportion.

This sums things up nicely.


I think its funny how you responded nicely with no insults to itlyn's comment, when I essentially said the exact same thing.

Lol, quit trying to suck up to stalyn. He already told you he doesn't like it
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Exaggerate much? Come on bro. Almost 100% negative ALL the time? The negative comments I have made in this thread have almost all been about Brandon Belt. I have defended Sabean a lot recently too. And my ridiculous postS in the Warriors thread? It was ONE post dude.

I am done arguing too. You are exaggerating and blowing everything out of proportion.

This sums things up nicely.


I think its funny how you responded nicely with no insults to itlyn's comment, when I essentially said the exact same thing.

Lol, quit trying to suck up to stalyn. He already told you he doesn't like it

LOL. No one is sucking up to him. He was defending ME in this situation champ!
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,836
everybody quit sucking each others dicks for crying out loud.
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
I thought we won the World Series twice in the last three years.

By reading the last few pages it seems like we have been a sub .500 team the last few years.

This is getting ridiculous, we won the FREAKING WORLD SERIES TITLE 2 TIMES IN THE LAST 3 YEARS, yet all I'm reading about is complaining and b***hing over the fact that the GM who assembled 2 World Series Titles in the last 3 years is a moron by overpaying and signing someone to a one year 2M deal. GEESH! GET A GRIP!

Come on, you know the experts on this board know more about being a major league GM than Sabean!
I actually dont think its Sabean. I think its ownership who is not willing to expand payroll more than they already have.
Holy crap. You guys are going off the deep end here. Settle down. LOL

Regarding Andres Torres... it is OK to have an opinion regarding someone who has had ONE good year ever. My opinion is that he is barely worth a roster spot let alone a 2M dollar deal. Maybe he will work out and I really hope he does. I just HATE going into the season thinking that our LF spot will be Blanco and Torres with an occasional Belt. That is a horrible situation .

DC.. I disagree with Sabean when it comes to his results in FA and in his results in drafting hitters. I think he has VERY poor results in those areas. He has made good deals though and I have said now a hundred times in here that I give him all the credit in the world for the titles that the Giants won.
Aaaaand as soon as we shut down the idea of other free agents, Grant Brisbee is reporting that the Giants have offered Ichiro a 2/$15M contract. LOL

I think he resigns with the Yanks, but I thought this was funny.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Holy crap. You guys are going off the deep end here. Settle down. LOL

Regarding Andres Torres... it is OK to have an opinion regarding someone who has had ONE good year ever. My opinion is that he is barely worth a roster spot let alone a 2M dollar deal. Maybe he will work out and I really hope he does. I just HATE going into the season thinking that our LF spot will be Blanco and Torres with an occasional Belt. That is a horrible situation .

DC.. I disagree with Sabean when it comes to his results in FA and in his results in drafting hitters. I think he has VERY poor results in those areas. He has made good deals though and I have said now a hundred times in here that I give him all the credit in the world for the titles that the Giants won.

Respectable points, John. Dont forget.....David Lee is trash
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com