LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 432 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Most recent rumor is Angels will either trade Bourjos or Trumbo for pitching, wonder what it would take to get Trumbo (probably a lot).

Lincecum
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Anyone a little offended that Ichiro didn't wanna play for SF, even after winning a couple WS titles? I am. Hope he has a failure of a season.

Not at all. I admire someone who actually will take less money because he liked his situation and is happy where he is. It isnt always about the money - or shouldnt be anyway.

I just find it weird that we either cant sign any Asian players, or have no interest. SF is probably the most Asian friendly city in the country, so youd think itd be an attractive place to come play. We havent had anyone since Tsuyoshi Shinjo in 2002.

Im not complaining, since most of the time they come WAY too expensive, and end up busting. I just think its strange how the other major west coast cities, LA and SEA, have signed nearly half of all players coming across in the last decade, and we havent had anyone.

And Travis Ishikawa doesnt count. lol

Didn't we have some really old Japanese setup man in like...2006 or 2007? I can't remember his name but I remember us having some old Asian pitcher...I think he was actually pretty good for us too.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Most recent rumor is Angels will either trade Bourjos or Trumbo for pitching, wonder what it would take to get Trumbo (probably a lot).

Lincecum

want trumbo.

also, you guys talking about ichiro.

I think Ichiro just group a huge yankee fan and wanted to play for the team he idolized growing up.
Means more to him than money

Lincecum

I would do it, but I highly doubt the Angels would. He's under control until 2017 too, would be perfect for LF. Could move Pagan to RF if we don't resign Pence and bring up Brown to play CF. Panda, Posey, Trumbo, Belt would be fantastic.
Oh and we signed Chad Gaudin to a minor league deal, don't know if anyone saw that (aka the new Mota).
Oh and we signed Chad Gaudin to a minor league deal, don't know if anyone saw that (aka the new Mota).

good signing.

Lincecum

I would do it, but I highly doubt the Angels would. He's under control until 2017 too, would be perfect for LF. Could move Pagan to RF if we don't resign Pence and bring up Brown to play CF. Panda, Posey, Trumbo, Belt would be fantastic.

Yep. I cannot imagine the Angels doing that either.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
No one is talking about our closer situation.

Is Romo our guy now?

Are we sticking with the committee thing?
Originally posted by Garcia:
No one is talking about our closer situation.

Is Romo our guy now?

Are we sticking with the committee thing?

hembree
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Anyone a little offended that Ichiro didn't wanna play for SF, even after winning a couple WS titles? I am. Hope he has a failure of a season.

Not at all. I admire someone who actually will take less money because he liked his situation and is happy where he is. It isnt always about the money - or shouldnt be anyway.

I just find it weird that we either cant sign any Asian players, or have no interest. SF is probably the most Asian friendly city in the country, so youd think itd be an attractive place to come play. We havent had anyone since Tsuyoshi Shinjo in 2002.

Im not complaining, since most of the time they come WAY too expensive, and end up busting. I just think its strange how the other major west coast cities, LA and SEA, have signed nearly half of all players coming across in the last decade, and we havent had anyone.

Didn't we have some really old Japanese setup man in like...2006 or 2007? I can't remember his name but I remember us having some old Asian pitcher...I think he was actually pretty good for us too.

We have Tim Lincecum.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

We have Tim Lincecum.

This. Half pill a pino

lol yeah, 39 year old Keiichi Yabu in 2008.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
good signing.

Gaudin has a swell looking squeeze.
Would rather they signed Ramon Ramirez than Gaudin,but let's see how he does in Spring Training.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

We have Tim Lincecum.

This. Half pill a pino

Despite this he does ok.
Share 49ersWebzone