There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Sources: #Rangers, Hamilton making progress. Deal, if reached, likely would be 4 yrs. But still possible another team could beat TEX offer.

I would give him four years

Agreed. What do you think a 4 year contract would cost a team for Hamilton? $100M?
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS nick swisher will wait for hamilton deal, said @ScottMCBS. word is, he'd like to go to the #SFGiants. #redsox also in play
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS nick swisher will wait for hamilton deal, said @ScottMCBS. word is, he'd like to go to the #SFGiants. #redsox also in play

Nick Swisher has the right attitude to really fit in with the club, but I don't know how well he'd hit at AT&T
Damn you Val!

I don't know if we'd go after Swisher considering the money he'd command.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Dec 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM ]
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN Bidding on Marco Scutaro said to have reached something in the range of 3 years, $24 million; SF viewed as frontrunner by source involved.
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN Bidding on Marco Scutaro said to have reached something in the range of 3 years, $24 million; SF viewed as frontrunner by source involved.

thats...8 mill per

idk
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Sources: #Rangers, Hamilton making progress. Deal, if reached, likely would be 4 yrs. But still possible another team could beat TEX offer.

Agreed. What do you think a 4 year contract would cost a team for Hamilton? $100M?

Yeah, probably in that range, and I'd have no qualms about offering him that. Not even one bit.
Win a WS title, pay raises for everyone!

3 years for marco is crazy at his age. Id go 2 years/17 million and a club option for 3rd. No more. If that isnt enough he can go play 3B for Yanks.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

thats...8 mill per

idk

Too much, I understand he's been productive but that's more than he should get at his age.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

thats...8 mill per

idk

too much
  • jrg
  • Veteran
just read the same tweet. cardinals were in on scutaro..but you guys can have him. isn't the dude 37? 3 year deal for 8 mil per on top of dropping 40 mil on pagan?
haren to nats for 1 year

Yeah, probably in that range, and I'd have no qualms about offering him that. Not even one bit.

Totally agree with you. I wouldnt hesitate for one second to sign Hamilton for that. What does concern me is that if we end up signing Swisher, the combined contract of Swish + Pagan will be somewhat close to Hamilton's contract.

And to me, Josh Hamilton + Gregor Blanco > Pagan + Swisher (and thats not even close IMO)

Totally agree with you. I wouldnt hesitate for one second to sign Hamilton for that. What does concern me is that if we end up signing Swisher, the combined contract of Swish + Pagan will be somewhat close to Hamilton's contract.

And to me, Josh Hamilton + Gregor Blanco > Pagan + Swisher (and thats not even close IMO)

Totally agree. Also looks like Keppinger is in the 2 year/$8 million range, Scutaro for 3/$24 is insane.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com