LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

The Giants are talking with Ryan Theriot about a utility role, tweets Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com. Theriot is a free agent after spending 2012 with San Francisco.The Giants view Nick Swisher as a big-ticket item and won't engage seriously with him, tweets Baggarly.Agent John Boggs spoke with the Giants about free agent outfielder Ben Francisco, tweets John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle.Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#ZIR3jwoS5xt51yq2.99
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Bengie Molina assistant hitting coach for STL
Originally posted by jrg:

Awesome, you guys are going to get a ton better at GIDP!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

We replace Mark McGwire with John Mabry and Bengie Molina.
If Scutaro wants a 3-year deal, then the Giants could always sign Brooks Conrad.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Btw....

Andrew Baggarly ✔@CSNBaggs Must've gotten wires crossed on Scutaro. I am hearing definitively now that 2 years plus vesting option is what the #SFGiants last offered.

better

2 years plus option is a MUCH smarter deal. Hopefully that is the case.

Lol, I was listening to KNBR and the first I heard was 2 with a vesting option. Must have been the tweet world that went nuts. And stop hating on Sabean, worse than my hating on Belt. Exec of the year...again.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

We replace Mark McGwire with John Mabry and Bengie Molina.

Better reinforce the bench at Busch 'cus some fatties is going to be sitting on it.
Originally posted by dcsham:
Btw....

Andrew Baggarly ✔@CSNBaggs Must've gotten wires crossed on Scutaro. I am hearing definitively now that 2 years plus vesting option is what the #SFGiants last offered.

better

Lol, I was listening to KNBR and the first I heard was 2 with a vesting option. Must have been the tweet world that went nuts. And stop hating on Sabean, worse than my hating on Belt. Exec of the year...again.

Who is hating on Sabean. I dont hate him even if he is a moron when it comes to free agency.
Btw....

better

Who is hating on Sabean. I dont hate him even if he is a moron when it comes to free agency.

Weak. Two titles in the last three years and named exec of the year again. You are a hater, don't deny it lol but that's ok. He can be weak in free agency and win us more titles.
Starting to think Gary Brown is viewed more as a trade piece than an actual prospect. Why else would you not even give him a sniff of the majors other than to keep his value as high as possible and not diminish his value by looking overmatched in the bigs. Yes, I'm a little slow sometimes.

Starting to think Gary Brown is viewed more as a trade piece than an actual prospect. Why else would you not even give him a sniff of the majors other than to keep his value as high as possible and not diminish his value by looking overmatched in the bigs. Yes, I'm a little slow sometimes.

I really don't think the Giants have made any kind of decision on Brown as of yet, but I think it is quite clear that they prefer drafting/developing pitching (either to use as trade pieces or actually bringing to the big league club) and then finding position players that are already established at the major league level via trades or free agency. Obviously there can be exceptions to this, with players such as Posey, Sandoval, Belt, Crawford. But I think it's clear that the Giants under this management group will always value pitching over position players out of high school and college.

I think that the Giants believe that they can find established outfielders fairly easily. In that case, I agree that Brown may be considered a trade piece.

I really don't think the Giants have made any kind of decision on Brown as of yet, but I think it is quite clear that they prefer drafting/developing pitching (either to use as trade pieces or actually bringing to the big league club) and then finding position players that are already established at the major league level via trades or free agency. Obviously there can be exceptions to this, with players such as Posey, Sandoval, Belt, Crawford. But I think it's clear that the Giants under this management group will always value pitching over position players out of high school and college.

I think that the Giants believe that they can find established outfielders fairly easily. In that case, I agree that Brown may be considered a trade piece.

Totally agree.
Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal)
Source: Scutaro in agreement with #SFGiants, $20 million for three years.
(https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/276179458455638016)
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Also just saw this on the MLB Network ticker...
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Also just saw this on the MLB Network ticker...

Sweet.
Share 49ersWebzone