There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Who cares what he's proved in your eyes.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Garcia you keep posting about Gary Brown it's obvious you don't like him. Just because we sign Pagon doesn't mean Gary Brown is gone people trade all the time look at Jose Reyes if you want Pagon for two years but you have to have a four-year contract to do it you trade them after two years not saying that's what's going to happen but you're overreacting a little bit besides Gary Brown may end up being the leftfielder of the future unit you never know. I used Siri to post this which is why the spelling and punctuation is all jacked up

If we're going for speed and defense (which worked well last year), I'd even put Brown in RF and platoon him with a re-signed Nate Schierholtz (or someone like him) and move Pence to LF where he can do the least amount of damage.
Belt in the three hole? Come on guys. I understand the reason you guys are suggesting it, but I strongly disagree. If you want to use his ability to get on base as your reasoning for moving him in the order, move him to 2. The three spot is reserved for your best hitter. Belt is not our best hitter currently.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by SFrush:
lol at your constant Gary Brown hate. Pagan or Brown eventually will slide over to left field.

I don't hate Gary Brown.

But im not going to blindly assume he's the next big thing. He has done nothing in my eyes to prove he is worth all the hype a lot of people give him.

The signing on Pagan for four years proves that the Giants are high on him as well. Thats my opinion. I'd say trade him for some pitching prospects while he's still got some value.

Why does he have to be a "big thing?" He might just end up being a solid OF who can get on base (.374 OBP in the minors), steal some bags (almost 90 SBs in 2 full years) and cover a lot of ground in our cavernous outfield. This team is built around and for ball-players with those types of skills.

I've seen him play in person (about 10 games in total) and his speed is almost unreal; that quality alone will add value to this team either as a plus OF or as a pinch runner. There's a lot Brown could do for this team even if he never becomes a "big thing."
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Dec 3, 2012 at 4:21 PM ]
good for the giants and pagan. not only is he a really good player but he's also a really good person
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
lol at your constant Gary Brown hate. Pagan or Brown eventually will slide over to left field.

I don't hate Gary Brown.

But im not going to blindly assume he's the next big thing. He has done nothing in my eyes to prove he is worth all the hype a lot of people give him.

The signing on Pagan for four years proves that the Giants are high on him as well. Thats my opinion. I'd say trade him for some pitching prospects while he's still got some value.

Why does he have to be a "big thing?" He might just end up being a solid OF who can get on base (.374 OBP in the minors), steal some bags (almost 90 SBs in 2 full years) and cover a lot of ground in our cavernous outfield. This team is built around and for ball-players with those types of skills.

I've seen him play in person (about 10 games in total) and his speed is almost unreal; that quality alone will add value to this team either as a plus OF or as a pinch runner. There's a lot Brown could do for this team even if he never becomes a "big thing."

All good points and I would bet that you have seen him play as much as anyone. I would love to see Gary Brown have a big season and be able to take over CF in 2014. Then, move Pagan for a corner outfielder, pitching, or a second baseman.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Who cares what he's proved in your eyes.

lol. okay?

We are on an internet forum where we all share our own opinions. You disagree with what I say, fine. I'm cool with that.
Who cares? lol. Who gives a f**k what anyone says on here? Mostly rhetoric anyways.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Garcia you keep posting about Gary Brown it's obvious you don't like him. Just because we sign Pagon doesn't mean Gary Brown is gone people trade all the time look at Jose Reyes if you want Pagon for two years but you have to have a four-year contract to do it you trade them after two years not saying that's what's going to happen but you're overreacting a little bit besides Gary Brown may end up being the leftfielder of the future unit you never know. I used Siri to post this which is why the spelling and punctuation is all jacked up

If we're going for speed and defense (which worked well last year), I'd even put Brown in RF and platoon him with a re-signed Nate Schierholtz (or someone like him) and move Pence to LF where he can do the least amount of damage.

I don't 'hate' Gary Brown. I just dont see any reason to 'prepare' or 'reserve' the Giants CF position based on this guys potential when he hasn't really done anything in the minors to suggest that he's going to be a good player (YET).

As a GM you can't assume anything.

I wasn't being all that serious about trading Gary Brown. But I do believe *IF* the Giants don't believe he is as great as the hype then you definitely should trade him while he is still considered young enough to be a prospect. That would be the smart baseball move. It's my opinion that the signing of Pagan (for 4 years) is an indication that they aren't that high on Gary Brown... but thats my opinion - if you disagree then we can't agree to disagree.
[ Edited by Garcia on Dec 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran

If he tears it up in the minors, whether it be defensively, on the base paths or offensively and showing that he can be a major league player.... then I am all for Gary Brown. (or any prospect for that matter)

He hasn't done that yet.
[ Edited by Garcia on Dec 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM ]
It's PURELY hypothetical and extremely unlikely this would get Stanton, but would you trade the following:

Heath Hembree
Kyle Crick
Clayton Blackburn
Gary Brown
Hector Sanchez

I'd probably throw in another prospect, but no idea who.

If he tears it up in the minors, whether it be defensively, on the base paths or offensively and showing that he can be a major league player.... then I am all for Gary Brown. (or any prospect for that matter)

He tore it up in high A in just about every category to the point where he was a top 50 prospect in all of baseball. More importantly, as you watched him play you could see that he was easily the best player on the field regardless of who he was playing...kid was a force of nature. He could hit a routine single up the middle and be sliding safely in to 2nd base before you even realized he had rounded the bag. And some of the catches he made in CF were highlight reel stuff. True, Cal League numbers can be inflated, but hitting .336/.407/.519 with 14 HRs, 54 stolen bags and a .925 OPS is absolutely tearing it up.

He had an "ok" year in the AA Eastern League (.279/.347 /385), which typically has a high number of top pitching prospects (our team alone had at least 3 legit major league prospects on its staff). And more precisely, he got off to a slow start but had a real strong second half. Not sure if anything he does in Fresno (even if he tears it up) will be much of an indicator...I personally think it's time to give him some big league ABs, but that's me.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Dec 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM ]
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
It's PURELY hypothetical and extremely unlikely this would get Stanton, but would you trade the following:

Heath Hembree
Kyle Crick
Clayton Blackburn
Gary Brown
Hector Sanchez

no, thats too much for a player the marlins are gonna trade anyways. Plus i'd imagine we take on a big contract for the marlins as well

you gotta keep at least 1 of those pitching prospects if not 2

gotta keep
When did Pagan leave us
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
no, thats too much for a player the marlins are gonna trade anyways. Plus i'd imagine we take on a big contract for the marlins as well

gotta keep

I'd like to keep Hembree and Crick or Blackburn... I think thats a pretty fair deal.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Heath Hembree
Kyle Crick
Clayton Blackburn
Gary Brown
Hector Sanchez

gotta keep

Since pitching has been the key to winning the title 2 out of the last 3 years, there's no way I trade 3 of my top young arms for a bat...ANY bat. I keep developing the pitching I already have and plug in enough hitting to get us in to the playoffs, where we've absolutely dominated!!!

That formula has worked and should put us in a position to reach the playoffs for years to come.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Dec 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Yanks could be in on Scutaro
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com