Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
welcome back, Angel Pagan!

Woohoo!!!

4 years $40 million is not bad for one of the better starting CF/Leadoff hitters in the game right now.

Looking at a sabermetrics article a while back the combo of him + blanco at the leadoff spot was one of the most productive spots in all of baseball.
good signing!

The fact that they gave him 4 years tells us everything we need to know about Gary Brown.... HES EXPENDABLE!
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
here is the article:

http://walksaber.blogspot.com/2012/11/2012-leadoff-hitters.html
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal Sources: Pagan close to re-signing with #SFGiants.

I like it. Now we can trade for Giancarlo and call it a day.

I'm worried about how much we're signing him for, but whatever, I defer to Sabes at this point.

Trade Gary Brown and pitching to the Marlins for Stanton and call it an off-season.

Pagan
Scutaro
Panda
Posey
Stanton
Belt
Pence
Crawford

Pence hitting 7th? worst idea ever lol

ok, you LOL but you don't put a reason why. care to explain?

Pence is too good to be hitting behind the likes of Belt for God sakes: 3 Posey 4 Panda 5 Pence
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal Sources: Pagan close to re-signing with #SFGiants.

I'm worried about how much we're signing him for, but whatever, I defer to Sabes at this point.

Trade Gary Brown and pitching to the Marlins for Stanton and call it an off-season.

Pagan
Scutaro
Panda
Posey
Stanton
Belt
Pence
Crawford

Pence is too good to be hitting behind the likes of Belt for God sakes: 3 Posey 4 Panda 5 Pence

LOL to that one.

What?! Belt was able to get on base on a more consistent basis than Pence last season when we were making our run, whether it be by walks or hits. I like Pence, but he struck out A LOT. Hitting seventh is PERFECT for him. I don't know what you've been watching.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Pagan
Scutaro
Panda
Posey
Stanton
Belt
Pence
Crawford

LOL to that one.

I told you
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Pagan
Scutaro
Belt
Posey
Panda
Pence
Blanco
Craw
Originally posted by Garcia:
Pagan
Scutaro
Belt
Posey
Panda
Pence
Blanco
Craw

Belt still needs some seasoning in my opinion, Panda should still bat third for the time being until Belt proves that he belongs there by being consistent.
Pagan
Scutaro
Belt
Posey
Panda
Pence
Blanco
Craw

We gotta find a lf I DO NOT want blanco starting, he should be a 4th outfielder
Pagan
Scutaro
Belt
Posey
Panda
Pence
Blanco
Craw

Belt still needs some seasoning in my opinion, Panda should still bat third for the time being until Belt proves that he belongs there by being consistent.

No question about that.
Welcome back Pagan!
Garcia you keep posting about Gary Brown it's obvious you don't like him. Just because we sign Pagon doesn't mean Gary Brown is gone people trade all the time look at Jose Reyes if you want Pagon for two years but you have to have a four-year contract to do it you trade them after two years not saying that's what's going to happen but you're overreacting a little bit besides Gary Brown may end up being the leftfielder of the future unit you never know. I used Siri to post this which is why the spelling and punctuation is all jacked up
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
We gotta find a lf I DO NOT want blanco starting, he should be a 4th outfielder

I think a platoon with him and paguero (sp?) isn't out of the question.....
Woohoo!!!

4 years $40 million is not bad for one of the better starting CF/Leadoff hitters in the game right now.

Looking at a sabermetrics article a while back the combo of him + blanco at the leadoff spot was one of the most productive spots in all of baseball.
good signing!

The fact that they gave him 4 years tells us everything we need to know about Gary Brown.... HES EXPENDABLE!

lol at your constant Gary Brown hate. Pagan or Brown eventually will slide over to left field.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
lol at your constant Gary Brown hate. Pagan or Brown eventually will slide over to left field.

I don't hate Gary Brown.

But im not going to blindly assume he's the next big thing. He has done nothing in my eyes to prove he is worth all the hype a lot of people give him.

The signing on Pagan for four years proves that the Giants are high on him as well. Thats my opinion. I'd say trade him for some pitching prospects while he's still got some value.
[ Edited by Garcia on Dec 3, 2012 at 3:38 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com