LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
rumor is 4 years 40 million for pagan

just popped on my phone as 4/40 done

Just about what I figured would be the price, although I thought that it might come in at about 4/42.

Not upset about it, that's the going rate these days.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal Sources: Pagan close to re-signing with #SFGiants.

I like it. Now we can trade for Giancarlo and call it a day.

I'm worried about how much we're signing him for, but whatever, I defer to Sabes at this point.

Trade Gary Brown and pitching to the Marlins for Stanton and call it an off-season.

Unfortunately, If the Marlins made Stanton available, we wouldnt even have enough prospect stock to compete with other teams. Theres no chance wed have the winning bid. The Marlins would laugh at Brown/Stratton/Crick. Theyd be looking for Profar level prospects. We probably dont even have a single top 50 guy.

I read last year that Crick could find himself in the list of the top-20 prospects next year, and I read a few articles that had him up there recently.

Blackburn has a chance to be a top-50 prospect as well.

They both well could, but right now they arent, and alot of prospect value is based on how they look right now.
welcome back, Angel Pagan!

Too much money for a guy like Pagan but the Giants really had few options. I am just glad they didnt spend 80 million on Bourn.
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Well, time to trade Gary Brown I guess.

Another thought is should Pagan have a productive 2013 season, and Gary Brown is MLB ready by 2014, the Giants could trade Pagan for either a corner outfielder or starting pitcher at the 2013 winter meetings.

That is a possibility. Either way, one will be traded at some point.
Andrew Baggarly ‏@CSNBaggs Pagan breakdown: $5 million signing bonus and annual salaries of 7, 9, 9 and 10 million.
MLBTR - Heard a rumor today that the Giants were "bending over backwards" to re-sign Angel Pagan and Marco
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Too much money for a guy like Pagan but the Giants really had few options. I am just glad they didnt spend 80 million on Bourn.

About 1 year and $10 million more than I would have liked, but if he continues to perform like he did last year he'll be worth it. Sadly, he's not the model for consistency.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

About 1 year and $10 million more than I would have liked, but if he continues to perform like he did last year he'll be worth it. Sadly, he's not the model for consistency.

I agree. 4 years was absolutely a year too much but Upton's deal set the tone for what CFs were going to get. Also, there were too many teams in need of center fielders. It was the perfect storm for Pagan. Anyway, now the Giants have to get Marco signed and get another OF as well. My guess is the OF will come via a trade.
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal Sources: Pagan close to re-signing with #SFGiants.

I'm worried about how much we're signing him for, but whatever, I defer to Sabes at this point.

Trade Gary Brown and pitching to the Marlins for Stanton and call it an off-season.

Pagan
Scutaro
Panda
Posey
Stanton
Belt
Pence
Crawford

Pence hitting 7th? worst idea ever lol

welcome back Pagan, we <3 you
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Pagan
Scutaro
Panda
Posey
Stanton
Belt
Pence
Crawford

ok, you LOL but you don't put a reason why. care to explain?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Pagan
Scutaro
Panda
Posey
Stanton
Belt
Pence
Crawford

Really? Where would you hit the guy in that lineup? In my opinion 7th would be the perfect spot.
Angel can now buy all the tacos he wants.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Dec 3, 2012 at 2:03 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Wow. Angel Pagan got 40 million
Share 49ersWebzone