There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Quote:
Alex Pavlovic ‏@AlexPavlovic Sabean said goal for winter meetings is simple: "Trying to get Scutaro, Pagan done and trade for Stanton."

because bringing everyone back from the 2010 team worked so much in our favor

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!'

lol you get your feathers ruffled easy.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by JMC52:
Scuts age really scares me

So does not signing him and having absolutley nothing at 2B. Sure, he could regress but I dont see other options at this point.
Are you forgetting about Theriot? I thought he played well for us before he lost his job to the new guy ala Alex Smith...If Scutaro goes somewhere else( hopefully not) I dont think Theriot would be a bad option...dude can hit, play a decent 2b and would probably be cheap
Originally posted by dcsham:
Like I said last night, we will more than likely sign both Scutaro and Pagan. I don't think investing about $40 million in Pagan is huge risk to be honest. I'm probably in the minority here as I usually am, but I trust Sabean...he's earned it with 2 titles in the last three years.

if we sign pagan long-term, we would prolly trade G. Brown for the LF corner spot.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Like I said last night, we will more than likely sign both Scutaro and Pagan. I don't think investing about $40 million in Pagan is huge risk to be honest. I'm probably in the minority here as I usually am, but I trust Sabean...he's earned it with 2 titles in the last three years.

if we sign pagan long-term, we would prolly trade G. Brown for the LF corner spot.

Possibly, but not this year. Kind of hard to project beyond one year because so much changes. I'm not sold on Gary Brown yet but again, that probably puts me in the minority here. Right now, he is our most valuable position player in the minors with regard to trade possibilities. I think that this year is extremely important for Brown. If he has another mediocre year (which I believe last year was) his value begins to drop.
Originally posted by artiga1:

So does not signing him and having absolutley nothing at 2B. Sure, he could regress but I dont see other options at this point.
Are you forgetting about Theriot? I thought he played well for us before he lost his job to the new guy ala Alex Smith...If Scutaro goes somewhere else( hopefully not) I dont think Theriot would be a bad option...dude can hit, play a decent 2b and would probably be cheap

Nope. I didnt forget about Theriot. I just dont see him as a viable everyday starter at this point. I hope it doesnt come down to that
Originally posted by artiga1:

Nope. I didnt forget about Theriot. I just dont see him as a viable everyday starter at this point. I hope it doesnt come down to that

Yes, Theriot as an every day starter means we have failed in the offseason.
Theriot over an entire season is less desirable than attracting herpes
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Theriot over an entire season is less desirable than attracting herpes

Maybe then hed finally hit his first HR as a Giant.
Now this is funny...................................

The Diamondbacks have also "made contact" with Aubrey Huff, reports Jack Magruder of FOXSportsArizona.com (on Twitter). The 35-year-old Huff hit .192/.326/.282 in 95 plate appearances for the Giants while missing lots of time with knee with knee problemsRead more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#8BqBeqR2mRvMlKLe.99
Nate Schierholz was non tendered by the Phillies. I would not be shocked to see him back with the Giants next year on a very low 1 yr deal
Nate Schierholz was non tendered by the Phillies. I would not be shocked to see him back with the Giants next year on a very low 1 yr deal

yes please! Nasty Nate is a legend

Sign Pagan and have Nate be our 4th OF.

Need a RH bat to platoon with Blanco.

Need a RH bat to platoon with Blanco.

please God! we want NATE
Brian Wilson was not offerd a contract. I know this is not a surprise but I'm still sad.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com