There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Free Agent after the 2013 season

That changes things then obviously.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Alex Pavlovic ‏@AlexPavlovic Sabean said goal for winter meetings is simple: "Trying to get Scutaro and Pagan done."

because bringing everyone back from the 2010 team worked so much in our favor

We won another world title the very next year, so it's not like it derailed us in any way.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Alex Pavlovic ‏@AlexPavlovic Sabean said goal for winter meetings is simple: "Trying to get Scutaro and Pagan done."

posey got hurt.

Huff and Freddy Sanchez were atrocious deals, come on now.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

We won another world title the very next year, so it's not like it derailed us in any way.

Pagan for 5/$55 will derail us, guaranteed.

I really dont think any team is going to give Angel Pagan a 5 year deal. Just dont see it. If he does... I damn well hope it isnt with the Giants.

You dont want Scutaro or Pagan?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Quote:

You dont want Scutaro or Pagan?

I'm totally on board with Scutaro for a reasonable two year deal. Pagan I don't think isn't worth much more than Victorino.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
GET MICHAEL MORSE

He isnt going to go anywhere I'm afraid. Pretty sure he will be playing 1B for the Nationals and LaRoache will be going elsewhere in FA. He would really be a nice fot for our team though.

Ehhhhh....we'll see.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/nationals-could-trade-michael-morse.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Well.. as you say we shall see. The Giants problem is who would they trade? Crick or Stratton plus someone like Javy Lopez? (Washington would love to get Lopez I'm guessing). With the lack of great prospects in the Giants organization its just tough to make deals.

Stratton isnt going anywhere.

The problem with the Giants trying to add hitting, is they will always have to overpay for the results they will get. Most hitters are going to regress a bit coming over to AT&T, especially lefties. So it rarely makes sense to pay full market value, when we know we arent going to get as much out of them as they probably produced on their previous team.

Plus you have to factor in that players want more $ from a CA team due to the income taxes. Carlos Lee turned the Giants down in 2007 because he would make more money in Texas under the same terms. The Giants wouldve had to overpay just to match the Astros offer.

The Giants have to be very picky about which hitters they want to essentially overpay for. In the past they havent shown a very good knack for choosing those players.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Scuts age really scares me
Originally posted by JMC52:

So does not signing him and having absolutley nothing at 2B. Sure, he could regress but I dont see other options at this point.
Alex Pavlovic ‏@AlexPavlovic Sabean said goal for winter meetings is simple: "Trying to get Scutaro, Pagan done and trade for Stanton."

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Quote:
Alex Pavlovic ‏@AlexPavlovic Sabean said goal for winter meetings is simple: "Trying to get Scutaro, Pagan done and trade for Stanton."

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!'

So does not signing him and having absolutley nothing at 2B. Sure, he could regress but I dont see other options at this point.

Bond had a nice season in Fresno and Noonan's not bad either but I don't think they can produce like Scutaro.

Bond had a nice season in Fresno and Noonan's not bad either but I don't think they can produce like Scutaro.

Not even close. Scutaro is a must sign

Not even close. Scutaro is a must sign
Like I said last night, we will more than likely sign both Scutaro and Pagan. I don't think investing about $40 million in Pagan is huge risk to be honest. I'm probably in the minority here as I usually am, but I trust Sabean...he's earned it with 2 titles in the last three years.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com