There are 270 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Reds, Phillies, Giants. Bourne, Pagan, Victorino.. Where will each end up?

I will go with..............
Cincy... Bourne
Philly Pagan
Giants Victorino

I strongly dislike Victorino.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Cincy... Bourne
Philly Pagan
Giants Victorino

You might not soon.

Cincy... Bourne
Philly Pagan
Giants Victorino

You might not soon.

I would tolerate him if necessary.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Would not mind victorino... but would he be our leadoff hitter?

Blanco leadoff?

Blanco
Scutaro*
Panda
Posey
Pence
Belt
Victorina*?
BCraw

Call me crazy, but I would love to see Belt in the #3 spot.
[ Edited by Garcia on Dec 2, 2012 at 7:06 PM ]

Cincy... Bourne
Philly Pagan
Giants Victorino

If were going to overpay for a CF, it might as well be Michael Bourn. Hes the best defensive CF in baseball imo, has 50 steal speed, and gets on base.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
If were going to overpay for a CF, it might as well be Michael Bourn. Hes the best defensive CF in baseball imo, has 50 steal speed, and gets on base.

You'd rather overpay for Bourne and NOT Josh Hamilton?
Originally posted by Garcia:

Blanco leadoff?

Blanco
Scutaro*
Panda
Posey
Pence
Belt
Victorina*?
BCraw

Belt batting 3rd, Panda 5th and Pence 6th would work for me. I think Panda would provide better protection for Posey.

Cincy... Bourne
Philly Pagan
Giants Victorino

Bourn is going to cost WAY more than Victorino and more years. ( possibly 50 million dollars more). There isnt a chance in hell I would pay 80 million for Bourn.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Dec 2, 2012 at 7:25 PM ]

Blanco leadoff?

Blanco
Scutaro*
Panda
Posey
Pence
Belt
Victorina*?
BCraw

Belt batting 3rd, Panda 5th and Pence 6th would work for me. I think Panda would provide better protection for Posey.

Belt would be a good option as the 2 spot hitter if Scutaro doesn't return, hes good at getting on and has good speed as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Posey bat 3rd either, but next year if both stay healthy we could see both Panda and Posey drive in 100 runs. Posey ended the 100 RBI drought I think Panda could end the 30+ Homerun drought. Who's to say Pence can't join in either I'm projecting all 3 to have 25+ homeruns next year. I wouldn't mind having Victorino only if we can't retain Pagan.
[ Edited by 49ersGiantspride on Dec 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM ]
I hope the Giants do something positive this week during the winter meetings. I am going to have this bad taste of the Rams loss in my mouth until Sunday.

Bourn might cost 75 mil. Hamilton will cost 170. Given his injury history, i wouldnt touch Hamilton with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

I think Bourn carries alot of overall value. We all saw what a huge difference it made when the leadoff hitter was getting on for the Giants. Bourn gets on base, he wreaks havoc on the basebaths, and is arguably the best defensive OF in the game. Id rather have him for around 75 than Pagan for 50.
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
If BJ Upton got 75 mil, I think Bourn will get more than that. I have a feeling the Giants not going to do much this week.

Bourn might cost 75 mil. Hamilton will cost 170. Given his injury history, i wouldnt touch Hamilton with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

I think Bourn carries alot of overall value. We all saw what a huge difference it made when the leadoff hitter was getting on for the Giants. Bourn gets on base, he wreaks havoc on the basebaths, and is arguably the best defensive OF in the game. Id rather have him for around 75 than Pagan for 50.

Bourn wont get a penny less than 80M and possibly will get more most likely. Atlanta liked him so much that they let him go and signed BJ Upton to close to the same money. That may tell you something!! Again, not a chance in hell I am paying Bourn 80 million dollars. I would MUCH prefer to pay Victorino 27M or so for 3 years.

Paying Bourn 80M or Pagan 50M is just stupid. Period. Go with the cheaper Victorino and use the 50+ million that would be saved ( compared to Bourn) elsewhere,
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Dec 2, 2012 at 9:13 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:

Blanco leadoff?

Blanco
Scutaro*
Panda
Posey
Pence
Belt
Victorina*?
BCraw

Belt would be a good option as the 2 spot hitter if Scutaro doesn't return, hes good at getting on and has good speed as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Posey bat 3rd either, but next year if both stay healthy we could see both Panda and Posey drive in 100 runs. Posey ended the 100 RBI drought I think Panda could end the 30+ Homerun drought. Who's to say Pence can't join in either I'm projecting all 3 to have 25+ homeruns next year. I wouldn't mind having Victorino only if we can't retain Pagan.

People have been saying that.

Y'all are trippin'. Belt at #3 is perfect because the pitcher is going to have to be perfect pitching to Belt because he has the best eye on the team and patient enough to get a walk, but also enough power/pop to take advantage of mistakes. He should also get some great pitches to hit in front of posey and pablo protecting him.
People have been saying that.

Y'all are trippin'. Belt at #3 is perfect because the pitcher is going to have to be perfect pitching to Belt because he has the best eye on the team and patient enough to get a walk, but also enough power/pop to take advantage of mistakes. He should also get some great pitches to hit in front of posey and pablo protecting him.

Belt may end up hitting 3rd at some point but he has to prove that he can hit with more consistency and power before he hits there. My guess is he will start the season in the 6 hole.
Share 49ersWebzone