There are 291 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Victorino and Pagan are virtually the same age. So are Ludwick and Nady. Anyway, as long as the Giants core players are young and we dont give these guys more than 2 years its all good.

I acutally agree with you again. What does puzzle me is why didn't the Giants extend an offer or whatever the hell it's called to Pagan? If he bolts, then we would get a draft pick to help stock pile our farm system. If he accepts, then he's a good bridge between this season and gary brown.

I agree. It was a mistake for sure.

So we agree on this as well? I'm not liking this....
Originally posted by schmons:
Originally posted by Garcia:
I think Ludwick could be a good option for LF...... he won't be too expensive.

What do you think Italian?

ludwick is a giants killer. if he's on the team, he can't kill us!

Aaron Rowand was a Giants killer from 2008 to 2011. He even killed us from the couch last year with his 13 mil. salary.
GET MICHAEL MORSE
Originally posted by pdizo916:

So we agree on this as well? I'm not liking this....

I guess you are starting to learn a bit about baseball.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
GET MICHAEL MORSE

He isnt going to go anywhere I'm afraid. Pretty sure he will be playing 1B for the Nationals and LaRoache will be going elsewhere in FA. He would really be a nice fot for our team though.
GET MICHAEL MORSE

He isnt going to go anywhere I'm afraid. Pretty sure he will be playing 1B for the Nationals and LaRoache will be going elsewhere in FA. He would really be a nice fot for our team though.

Ehhhhh....we'll see.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/nationals-could-trade-michael-morse.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
GET MICHAEL MORSE

Ehhhhh....we'll see.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/nationals-could-trade-michael-morse.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Well.. as you say we shall see. The Giants problem is who would they trade? Crick or Stratton plus someone like Javy Lopez? (Washington would love to get Lopez I'm guessing). With the lack of great prospects in the Giants organization its just tough to make deals.
Morse will be the Nats 1B.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
@SFGiants

DVR Alert: Sunday 3pm (PT) on ESPN - The 2012 #SFGiants Official World Series Film

Originally posted by boast:
@SFGiants

DVR Alert: Sunday 3pm (PT) on ESPN - The 2012 #SFGiants Official World Series Film

thank you sir
Alex Pavlovic ‏@AlexPavlovic Sabean said goal for winter meetings is simple: "Trying to get Scutaro and Pagan done."

because bringing everyone back from the 2010 team worked so much in our favor
GET MICHAEL MORSE

Ehhhhh....we'll see.

Well.. as you say we shall see. The Giants problem is who would they trade? Crick or Stratton plus someone like Javy Lopez? (Washington would love to get Lopez I'm guessing). With the lack of great prospects in the Giants organization its just tough to make deals.

Crick and/or Stratton would be too much for Morse in my opinion. I might have done that for Denard Span though.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Nov 30, 2012 at 12:31 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Alex Pavlovic ‏@AlexPavlovic Sabean said goal for winter meetings is simple: "Trying to get Scutaro and Pagan done."

because bringing everyone back from the 2010 team worked so much in our favor

posey got hurt.
GET MICHAEL MORSE

Ehhhhh....we'll see.

Crick and/or Stratton would be too much for Morse in my opinion. I might have done that for Denard Span though.

Id rather have Morse than Span. Gary Brown should be just as good as Span in a couple of years but the Giants have NO corner outfielder worth a damn in their organziation. I am not wild about trading away pitching ( obviously because Im still upset about Wheeler) but I'd consider to get a power hitter with years of control. ( I havent looked up Morse's contract to know when he can become a FA).
Share 49ersWebzone