There are 148 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Dapro
  • Veteran
No news or rumor with the Giants so far...
Originally posted by Dapro:
No news or rumor with the Giants so far...

Sabean always waits. Just the way he rolls.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Garcia:
I think Ludwick could be a good option for LF...... he won't be too expensive.

What do you think Italian?

Don't hate him on a one or two year deal.

He is certainly better than Andrew Jones or Reed Johnson as options. Just not a lot of great corner OFs out there.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
He is certainly better than Andrew Jones or Reed Johnson as options. Just not a lot of great corner OFs out there.

I would take him over all those guys for sure.

I still think that the Giants will sign both Scutaro and Pagan, and yes they will more than likely overpay. It's just that kind of market.
Originally posted by dcsham:

I still think that the Giants will sign both Scutaro and Pagan, and yes they will more than likely overpay. It's just that kind of market.

I think Scutaro will sign for sure. If Pagan really does want 55+ million he needs to go away.

I think Scutaro will sign for sure. If Pagan really does want 55+ million he needs to go away.
I really don't think it's going to take that much to get Pagan. I'm thinking 4 years at about 44-46. It's a lot, but that's what I think it will come in at.

I really don't think it's going to take that much to get Pagan. I'm thinking 4 years at about 44-46. It's a lot, but that's what I think it will come in at.

Id rather save 15- 20 million dollars, sign Victorino, and use the money to sign Ludwick. Pagan at 45 million is a huge overpay no matter how you look at it,

Id rather save 15- 20 million dollars, sign Victorino, and use the money to sign Ludwick. Pagan at 45 million is a huge overpay no matter how you look at it,

I don't disagree with you at all, IF we can get both Victorino AND Ludwick. I'm not sure about that, but if it Sabean can pull it off it would be nice.

When I see him at our family gathering in a couple of weeks I will let him know!
Victorino ludwick AND scuturo...

Go from a young team to an old team real quick

Originally posted by skeetskeet:

Victorino and Pagan are virtually the same age. So are Ludwick and Nady. Anyway, as long as the Giants core players are young and we dont give these guys more than 2 years its all good.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Victorino and Pagan are virtually the same age. So are Ludwick and Nady. Anyway, as long as the Giants core players are young and we dont give these guys more than 2 years its all good.

lol

lol

Whats funny? Did I crack you up and make you laugh out loud??

I acutally agree with you again. What does puzzle me is why didn't the Giants extend an offer or whatever the hell it's called to Pagan? If he bolts, then we would get a draft pick to help stock pile our farm system. If he accepts, then he's a good bridge between this season and gary brown.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Whats funny? Did I crack you up and make you laugh out loud??

you shut that s**t diiiiiown.
Share 49ersWebzone