There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
That just from tv, that doesn't include all the other revenue. f**king basterds. If I sound like I'm jealous, I'm not. This crap is ruining the game.

This is why the NFL is more popular. Salary caps, very few guaranteed contracts, equal revenue from the networks and no massive local TV deals giving some teams a massive advantage.

I love baseball and the Giants first but I hate the economics of baseball.

Serious question, do you think anything will be done about it in the future? The Dodgers are going to try and corner the market, more so than the Yankees ever did IMO. That is sure to grab a lot of attention.
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
The Giants is looking at Victorino. I think he can be a decent fit with the Giants. Team him back with Pence! haha
Originally posted by Dapro:
The Giants is looking at Victorino. I think he can be a decent fit with the Giants. Team him back with Pence! haha

eww f**k no Victorino is a douche
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
That just from tv, that doesn't include all the other revenue. f**king basterds. If I sound like I'm jealous, I'm not. This crap is ruining the game.

This is why the NFL is more popular. Salary caps, very few guaranteed contracts, equal revenue from the networks and no massive local TV deals giving some teams a massive advantage.

I love baseball and the Giants first but I hate the economics of baseball.

Serious question, do you think anything will be done about it in the future? The Dodgers are going to try and corner the market, more so than the Yankees ever did IMO. That is sure to grab a lot of attention.

Nope. The MLB players union wont let anything change. If nothing was done to limit the Yankees spending I doubt anything will be done against LA.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

If Pagan leaves there arent many options out there for the Giants. Hamilton. Bourne, and Upton wont come to the Giants. Victorino for a reasonable 2 year deal might be that option.

I'm fine with Victorino if it's only a one year stop gap and Brown takes over in 2014, otherwise pass
man i hate that b***h victorino

How big is the current Giants' tv deal?
Originally posted by schmons:
man i hate that b***h victorino

This, I'd rather just have Blanco play CF
Originally posted by pdizo916:

How big is the current Giants' tv deal?

i heard the giants are part owners or have some kind of partnership that gives them a % of revenue each year. dont know how much though.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:

I'm fine with Victorino if it's only a one year stop gap and Brown takes over in 2014, otherwise pass

lol
[ Edited by Garcia on Nov 26, 2012 at 11:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
lol

this.
Okay, baseball experts. I see a clip of Sergio pounding his glove while standing on the mound and watching Pagan haul in a fly ball. My question is - when does a pitcher back up the catcher? Does he wait, survey the scene or should he immediately go behind the catcher on a ball hit to the outfield? I know the pitcher has to back up the 1st baseman at times. Or is that always the catcher?

That's what I have read as well. Not a good clubhouse player. Moody, sullen, bi-polar, psychopathic, overly aggressive and neurotic. Are we sure we want him?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Okay, baseball experts. I see a clip of Sergio pounding his glove while standing on the mound and watching Pagan haul in a fly ball. My question is - when does a pitcher back up the catcher? Does he wait, survey the scene or should he immediately go behind the catcher on a ball hit to the outfield? I know the pitcher has to back up the 1st baseman at times. Or is that always the catcher?
Here are a pitcher's responsibilities for backing up bases:

• Single to left or center field with no one on base- backs up second base in direct line with outfield throw.
  • Ground ball single to right field with no one on base- a pitcher's first reaction should be to hustle to first base in case of a play there.
  • Single to the outfield with a runner on first base- backs up third base in line with the throw from the outfield, as deeply as possible. The SS is the cutoff man in this situation. He will be stationed approximately 60 feet from third base in line with the throw.
  • Single to the outfield with a runner on second base and trying to score- backs up home in direct line with the throw.
  • All extra base hits with no one on base backs up the base where ball may be thrown.(Third or home)
  • Extra base hit with a runner on first base- becomes a floater. The pitcher should hustle to a spot halfway between third and home and then hustle to back up the base where the ball will be thrown. This play should be drilled in practice. It takes some timing and skill.
[ Edited by Garcia on Nov 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com