There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by schmons:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Giants players' winning share for winning the World Series = $377,003 each...(yes, Melky gets a share)

highest since the '06 Cards...expanded playoffs helped of course

So does this also mean the team ownership is obligated to give Melky a ring? I had no problem with the team giving Bengie one back in 2010.

he probably does get one

I say give him one for his (enhanced) MVP performance in the ASG which gave the NL homefield...WS probably a different story if first 2 games were @ Detroit
Giants players' winning share for winning the World Series = $377,003 each...(yes, Melky gets a share)

must be nice!

Funny how different the perspective can be. Belt and Crawford almost doubled their salary, and Barry Zito wont even notice the deposit in his account.
Eli Whiteside just signed contract with the Yankees for $625,000. Seems about $600,000 too high to me. LOL
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Eli Whiteside just signed contract with the Yankees for $625,000. Seems about $600,000 too high to me. LOL

Eli should be offended if that was NYY best offer, the way they overpaid players throughout the years.

Yankees like our backup catchers lol
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

Eli should be offended if that was NYY best offer, the way they overpaid players throughout the years.

You dont understand. That WAS overpaying.
When I heard Fitz and Brooks describe the Dodgers new TV deal I felt like I got punched in the stomach.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
When I heard Fitz and Brooks describe the Dodgers new TV deal I felt like I got punched in the stomach.

They will be a bigger spender than the Yankees. I would bet on Greinke going there and possibly Sanchez. To combat them I would like the Giants to sign Pagan, Scutaro, Scott Hairston, and possibly another SP on the cheap.

They will be a bigger spender than the Yankees. I would bet on Greinke going there and possibly Sanchez. To combat them I would like the Giants to sign Pagan, Scutaro, Scott Hairston, and possibly another SP on the cheap.

The thing that really bothered me was that if they make bad decisions, (which they will) they will never be hamstrung with bad contracts because they can just throw them in the gutter and go buy another.

The thing that really bothered me was that if they make bad decisions, (which they will) they will never be hamstrung with bad contracts because they can just throw them in the gutter and go buy another.

They already have by taking on the stupid contracts of Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett, and Gonzo. But, you are right. They wont stop until they buy themselves some titles.

They already have by taking on the stupid contracts of Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett, and Gonzo. But, you are right. They wont stop until they buy themselves some titles.

$250 mil per year just to start with

Plus every FA around baseball is going to want to play there because they just throw money around like it's nothing. Which will make farm systems all the more important.

Not that it ever will be, but something should be done about this. In a sport where tv deals dictate who wins titles, there is something inherently wrong with that.
Originally posted by schmons:

$250 mil per year just to start with

That just from tv, that doesn't include all the other revenue. f**king basterds. If I sound like I'm jealous, I'm not. This crap is ruining the game.
That just from tv, that doesn't include all the other revenue. f**king basterds. If I sound like I'm jealous, I'm not. This crap is ruining the game.

This is why the NFL is more popular. Salary caps, very few guaranteed contracts, equal revenue from the networks and no massive local TV deals giving some teams a massive advantage.

I love baseball and the Giants first but I hate the economics of baseball.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com