LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Not a fan of Victorino.
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
Its gonna suck to stomach if the Douchers buy themselves some Championships in the near future with their new Out Of This World payroll flexibility.
But that's whats its come to for Big Market teams, free spending and not having to worry about being hamstrung with bad contracts like most teams including us. The only thing we'd enjoy if those free spending teams implode in their conquest to buy championships, and we can only hope that happens with the Douchers.

So there's only a few things our Organization can do, and that is to continue to compete with them, through smart FA signings, at the same time we gotta bring in Huge impactful players no matter what the cost every now and then, continue to draft talented prospects to groom in the Farm. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT OF THEM ALL, AND THAT IS TO UP THE PAYROLL SLIGHTLY EVERY YEAR!!!!!! If we do that, we will guarantee ourselves to contend every year. I can live with that.

Long Live SF Giants!!

Will never happen. This ownership is cheap.
I want no part of Shane Victorino. I would rather have Blanco start in center every day.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Nov 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM ]
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I want no part of Shane Victorino. I would rather have Blanco start in center every day.

Victorino didnt have a great year last year but he still stole 39 bases and played a solid OF. For a 1 year deal or possibly a 1 year plus option he wouldnt be a bad Plan B. Obviously he is a better player than Blanco. If the Giants don't sign a CF and move Blanco there who is going to play LF?

Ideally the Giants sign Pagan and Hairston and platoon Blanco in LF. That would be the best scenario for this team.
you know what would be awesome if the giants dont resign pagan? blanco in center and ichiro in left

f**kkkkkk the yankees
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by schmons:
you know what would be awesome if the giants dont resign pagan? blanco in center and ichiro in left

f**kkkkkk the yankees

wouldn't mind that actually. ICH CHI ROOOOOOOO
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by schmons:

f**kkkkkk the yankees

wouldn't mind that actually. ICH CHI ROOOOOOOO

Ichiro has got to be what 38? 39?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

yes.
Ichiro-san in left field, Pagan in center and Hunter Helmsley Pence in right would be acceptable.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Ichiro-san in left field, Pagan in center and Hunter Helmsley Pence in right would be acceptable.

HH

I'd prefer BJ Upton, Blanco, Pence OF... but thats not terrible.
[ Edited by Garcia on Nov 27, 2012 at 11:52 AM ]

Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

yes.

still a baller
I don't know why I'm so against Victorino becoming a Giant.....Probably cuz I dislike that b*****d.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I don't know why I'm so against Victorino becoming a Giant.....Probably cuz I dislike that b*****d.

He would absolutley be a plan B. I am not crazy about him but the Giants may be forced to go there if Pagan gets crazy on his demands. Also, I am not crazy about Ichiro. Yes, he had a nice couple of months for NY but he is old and not close to the player he once was. I would take Shane over him for the same 1 year deal.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

He would absolutley be a plan B. I am not crazy about him but the Giants may be forced to go there if Pagan gets crazy on his demands. Also, I am not crazy about Ichiro. Yes, he had a nice couple of months for NY but he is old and not close to the player he once was. I would take Shane over him for the same 1 year deal.

Wouldn't want either player, but you know how Sabean feels about older players

Cosign. I know he has been a productive player. I just hate his guts. One of my most disliked players in all of baseball.
Share 49ersWebzone