There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So quiet lately. Sabean must be either doing absolutely nothing or brewing a very controversial deal.

Typical Brian. When you least expect it, he comes up with something. Love to see Stanton come on board. Don't know where in the outfield he would play though.

LOL Left field would be Stanton's new home. I doubt it ever happens but Sabean should be exploring the possibility.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So quiet lately. Sabean must be either doing absolutely nothing or brewing a very controversial deal.

Typical Brian. When you least expect it, he comes up with something. Love to see Stanton come on board. Don't know where in the outfield he would play though.

LOL Left field would be Stanton's new home. I doubt it ever happens but Sabean should be exploring the possibility.

Stanton, Pagan, Pence =

Never gonna happen though.
Take Jonny Gomes off your wish list Ninerjohn
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS #redsox and jonny gomes are talking about a 2-year deal, confirmed. @ScottLauber reported close.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS #redsox and jonny gomes are talking about a 2-year deal, confirmed. @ScottLauber reported close.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Tell DC that I guess it DID take more than some home discount 1 year deal to get Gomes. Which... I knew it would.

Tell DC that I guess it DID take more than some home discount 1 year deal to get Gomes. Which... I knew it would.

He would have been a nice option for cheap but probably not going to happen. The Giants should re-sign Pagan (and all of us are fully aware that we will probably overpay, but that's MLB in this world) and then Sabean will need to look to find a platoon partner with Blanco. I'm confident he will get it done.
Originally posted by dcsham:

He would have been a nice option for cheap but probably not going to happen. The Giants should re-sign Pagan (and all of us are fully aware that we will probably overpay, but that's MLB in this world) and then Sabean will need to look to find a platoon partner with Blanco. I'm confident he will get it done.

Looks like Gomes is getting a 2 year deal from 8-10 million. That is even higher than I thought he would get. I expected 2 years for 6 million.
Just a quick Thanksgiving shout out to all of my friends on this thread...rubber, john, stalyn, axe, pdzio, garcia, 99 (and any others that I might have missed)...we argue/fight/agree/get mad/laugh etc. etc. etc. but this is still my favorite thread on this site and I always enjoy talking Giants with all of you.

I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving and that you and your families are blessed with a great holiday season and a healthy, happy, and prosporous 2013.

BTW Rubber, I have two Rogue Pumpkin Ales ready to go for tomorrow
Looks like Gomes is getting a 2 year deal from 8-10 million. That is even higher than I thought he would get. I expected 2 years for 6 million.

2 for 8/10 is just too much for me. I would have hesitated giving him more that one year. Just too inconsistent.
Just a quick Thanksgiving shout out to all of my friends on this thread...rubber, john, stalyn, axe, pdzio, garcia, 99 (and any others that I might have missed)...we argue/fight/agree/get mad/laugh etc. etc. etc. but this is still my favorite thread on this site and I always enjoy talking Giants with all of you.

I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving and that you and your families are blessed with a great holiday season and a healthy, happy, and prosporous 2013.

Ya man, I have one. Cheers, go giants, I miss them!
  • Garcia
  • Veteran

Ya man, I have one. Cheers, go giants, I miss them!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family DC. AND.. to everyone else in here as well.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family DC. AND.. to everyone else in here as well.

Hey, you must mention me by name

Just think how careful you are going to have to be next April when you start the new thread

So many feelings to be hurt...
  • Garcia
  • Veteran

Just think how careful you are going to have to be next April when you start the new thread

So many feelings to be hurt...

f**k that noise
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com