There are 300 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
The bl-ray WS for giants is only $13 on amazon. Includes game 7

good find, thanks.

Im cancelling my MLB shop preorder.

i think its the same lol
I tried to spend less this time around, but still blew $180 bucks altogether. Winning so often is expensive.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Giants are hozed. First, Eli Whitside signs with the Yankees. Now, Manny Burris signs with the Reds. So much for next year.

Not only that JRG's St. Louis Cardinals poached Justin Christian from us, yea so much for next year

man everyone loves our trash

The World Champions trash.

Speaking of trash, where is Jonathan Sanchez?

The Rockies. Hes playing in the worst possible situation.

yeah he blows now

We raped him en route to a world championship

lol Jonathan Sanchez was strangely helpful for both WS causes. In 2010 he helped win the division on the final day with a great pitching performance, and the key RBI triple, then he pitched well in the NLDS. It was all downhill from there, but he can definitely say he had a part in earning that ring.

Then we trade him for Melky, and Melky gives us 4-5 months of borderline MVP performance, both with the bat and in the field. We probably dont make the playoffs without Melky this year, even though he had nothing to do with the WS push.

Sanchez was directly, or indirectly integral in winning 2 WS titles, and also gave us our first no hitter in like 35 years. Plus he can continue to help the Giants in the future simply by pitching against them 1-3 times per season with the Rockies.

lol truth
The bl-ray WS for giants is only $13 on amazon. Includes game 7

good find, thanks.

Im cancelling my MLB shop preorder.

i think its the same lol

I already paid 35 on mlb shop, i was just waiting for it to ship. Just called to cancel and order off amazon.
Thanks, just bought the DVD for 13 on amazon
look at what this stupid dodger fan said to me:

"Yet You guys have the Lowest slugging percentage, highest Era, lowest fan attendance, and might i add your hitters lead with the most strike out's, And how is your steroid filled out fielder doing?"
Originally posted by pdizo916:

"Yet You guys have the Lowest slugging percentage, highest Era, lowest fan attendance, and might i add your hitters lead with the most strike out's, And how is your steroid filled out fielder doing?"

what's our record, what's our record, how many straight sell outs, 1097[sf]vs1156[lad], what current outfielder has done steroids?

ask him what team has hit more HRs? 3B? 2B? BA? XBH(actually the dodgers are dead last)

and then send him this link.
http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable.jsp#sectionType=st&elem=[object+Object]&tab_level=child&click_text=Sortable+Team+hitting&statType=hitting&page=1&ts=1353753880809&sortColumn=so&sortOrder=%27desc%27&extended=0&game_type=%27R%27&timeframe=
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Nov 24, 2012 at 2:44 AM ]

Tell him the Giants also led baseball in touchdown goals, and won the Finals Cup, so theres really no room for him to talk.
Since the Dodgers last World Series-

Giants: 4 pennants, 2 WS titles, 8 MVP's, 2 CY

Dodgers: 0 pennants, 0 WS titles, 0 MVP's, 2 CY

Still bitter about Gagne over Schmidt for CY in 03 too...so it should be 3 CY to 1.

Im going to refrain from my usual 4 paragraph rant about the 2003 CY voting.
Here is a review of the world series dvd, listing whats in it. Benjamin Bratt is narrator

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/review-san-francisco-2012-world-series-film-143613969--mlb.html

it contains spoilers though......the giants winning the NLCS and World Series
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Nov 24, 2012 at 9:22 AM ]

• MuggD
  • Veteran
MLB Network is showing the 2010 WS right now.

Obviously he is ignorant. Enough said.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Obviously he is ignorant. Enough said.

Most Dodger fans are.
Lowest attendance?

Wtf lol.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Lowest attendance?

Wtf lol.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance
Share 49ersWebzone