There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Lol, Holliday is whining now about Cain hitting him with a pitch in Game 7 of the NLCS. Really?
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by Muggins:
Andrew Baggarly‏@CSNBaggs

Melky Cabrera is going to Toronto for two years and $16 million, according to ESPN Deportes.

That is a ridiculous amount of money. No way I would have paid him that much after what happened this year.

it really isnt that much in the baseball world if you think about it. torri hunter just got $26 mil
[ Edited by schmons on Nov 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM ]
Originally posted by schmons:

Melky Cabrera is going to Toronto for two years and $16 million, according to ESPN Deportes.

That is a ridiculous amount of money. No way I would have paid him that much after what happened this year.

it really isnt that much in the baseball world if you think about it. torri hunter just got $26 mil

Torii Hunter is a proven player year in and year out. Melky was a fringe player at best until 2010. I'm guessing that the roids didnt start last year. It is a stupid amount of money for a guy who there are a lot of question marks about. Will he revert back to a so so player without PEDs???
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by schmons:

Torii Hunter is a proven player year in and year out. Melky was a fringe player at best until 2010. I'm guessing that the roids didnt start last year. It is a stupid amount of money for a guy who there are a lot of question marks about. Will he revert back to a so so player without PEDs???

Agree with John on this. Melky had a great 1/2 season for the Giants. Would not be surprised if he doesn't PED again and get the 100 game suspension. I would have signed him back for $4 per max, or something like $7.5 for two. No way would I invest $16.

Like I said in my earlier post, I think Pagan will probably get $12 per. I would be willing to invest the $36 with an option year because I think he really fits out park. If he demanded 4/$48 without the option I would be hard pressed to say no based on the current market.
Bags reporting that the Giants are making Pagan a priority. Sounds like a lot of communication is going on...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/baseball-san-francisco-giants/giants-talk/Giants-focused-on-Pagan-as-Melky-Cabrera?blockID=802795&feedID=11046
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Toronto just bought the "Atlanta Brave Melky Cabrera"

16 mil
Originally posted by jrg:

16 mil

Terrible
Originally posted by YungBird:
Originally posted by jrg:

16 mil

Terrible

Blue Jays @ Giants June 4th/5th.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Was watching intentional talk today.

Word is that Ian Kinsler is willing to move positions because the rangers top prospect is a damn good 2nd baseman, maybe the best prospect in baseball.

You think they would be open to a deal?

I would trade Gary Brown and maybe some other prospects for this dude. and they pick up some of kinsler's 75 million contract
[ Edited by Garcia on Nov 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
Was watching intentional talk today.

Word is that Ian Kinsler is willing to move positions because the rangers top prospect is a damn good 2nd baseman, maybe the best prospect in baseball.

You think they would be open to a deal?

I would trade Gary Brown and maybe some other prospects for this dude. and they pick up some of kinsler's 75 million contract

I'm guessing you're talking about Jurickson Profar. He is a SS
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

hes gonna be a 2B with Elvis Andrus @ SS

Edit: they could move Andrus too... personally I would love to a guy like Elvis on our team.... you'd have to figure out what to do with crawford... I don't see why Craw couldn't play 2nd base ?
[ Edited by Garcia on Nov 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

hes gonna be a 2B with Elvis Andrus @ SS

Edit: they could move Andrus too... personally I would love to a guy like Elvis on our team.... you'd have to figure out what to do with crawford... I don't see why Craw couldn't play 2nd base ?

Crawford at 2b is a waste of ability and arm. Even if Texas was willing to deal Andrus, itd deplete our farm system. I think the Giants are more than happy to stick with Crawford at SS heading into the future. He made some major strides this year.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Crawford at 2b is a waste of ability and arm. Even if Texas was willing to deal Andrus, itd deplete our farm system. I think the Giants are more than happy to stick with Crawford at SS heading into the future. He made some major strides this year.

Thats kinda why I would prefer Kinsler. Crawford and Kinsler up the middle.
Give up Gary Brown - take on 60% of the rest of the contract, 10 Mill a year for a guy who has the potential to hit 20 HRs and Steal 20 Bases from a middle infield position....

all just speculative / fun of course.
[ Edited by Garcia on Nov 17, 2012 at 1:06 AM ]
Originally posted by awol36:
Sasha?

Well she is from Sacramento.

LOL if you Google "Sasha Grey + Giants" the results usually end with "cocks"
  • jrg
  • Veteran
who the f**k is justin christian?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/cardinals-to-sign-justin-christian.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com