There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
not full time. The will add an outfielder

hopefully BJ Upton


lol i cant believe people think B.J. Upton is such a prize. Hes a .245 hitter who doesnt really get on base. Hes got pop and speed, but if you arent in a hitters park, I wouldnt expect him to be worth what he gets. If his contract year was a .246 avg and a .298 ob%...meh. Disappointment waiting to happen imo.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
not full time. The will add an outfielder

hopefully BJ Upton


lol i cant believe people think B.J. Upton is such a prize. Hes a .245 hitter who doesnt really get on base. Hes got pop and speed, but if you arent in a hitters park, I wouldnt expect him to be worth what he gets. If his contract year was a .246 avg and a .298 ob%...meh. Disappointment waiting to happen imo.

If you are expecting B.J Upton to be your best player then yes you are in for a huge disappointment. He gets on base enough, his career slash of .255/.336/.422

Bourns career OBP is .339 and he is gonna get more money than upton. Id rather the braves sign Upton than Bourn.
[ Edited by WookieOftheYear on Nov 16, 2012 at 2:21 PM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,286
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
If you are expecting B.J Upton to be your best player then yes you are in for a huge disappointment. He gets on base enough, his career slash of .255/.336/.422

Bourns career OBP is .339 and he is gonna get more money upton. Id rather the braves sign Upton than Bourn.

I love how everyone assumes that you like a player that means the person thinks he will be all-world... lol .350 hitter 40 home runs...

I'm not delusional. I just think he could be a good fit for this team.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
If you are expecting B.J Upton to be your best player then yes you are in for a huge disappointment. He gets on base enough, his career slash of .255/.336/.422

Bourns career OBP is .339 and he is gonna get more money upton. Id rather the braves sign Upton than Bourn.

I love how everyone assumes that you like a player that means the person thinks he will be all-world... lol .350 hitter 40 home runs...

I'm not delusional. I just think he could be a good fit for this team.

He would be a good fit on almost any team as long as you dont expect him to be an MVP. He plays good defense, has Pop and Speed. He has a decent career OBP and is still pretty young. Id be very very happy if he winds up on the Braves next year
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,286
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
He would be a good fit on almost any team as long as you dont expect him to be an MVP. He plays good defense, has Pop and Speed. He has a decent career OBP and is still pretty young. Id be very very happy if he winds up on the Braves next year

i never said anything about him being an MVP....... I agree with what you are saying.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
He would be a good fit on almost any team as long as you dont expect him to be an MVP. He plays good defense, has Pop and Speed. He has a decent career OBP and is still pretty young. Id be very very happy if he winds up on the Braves next year

i never said anything about him being an MVP....... I agree with what you are saying.
Im not arguing with you
Wow melky
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Wow melky

When you cheat you win.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
If you are expecting B.J Upton to be your best player then yes you are in for a huge disappointment. He gets on base enough, his career slash of .255/.336/.422

Bourns career OBP is .339 and he is gonna get more money upton. Id rather the braves sign Upton than Bourn.

I love how everyone assumes that you like a player that means the person thinks he will be all-world... lol .350 hitter 40 home runs...

I'm not delusional. I just think he could be a good fit for this team.

He would be a good fit on almost any team as long as you dont expect him to be an MVP. He plays good defense, has Pop and Speed. He has a decent career OBP and is still pretty young. Id be very very happy if he winds up on the Braves next year

Nobody said he would be an MVP, but hes going to get alot more money than hes worth. For 4/40 hes not a bad signing. But he probably wants around 6/75.

At least from the Giants perspective I dont think hes worth it, because of the park. Hes probably a .240, 20 hr, 75 rbi, .320 ob% type guy at AT&T. The speed and D make him an above average player, I just wouldnt want to tie alot of money up in him.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Nov 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Man, the Jays are going ALL IN for next year...

As i figured, the Giants had zero interest in bringing him back. Giants FO didnt seem like theyd be getting over that anytime soon. His agent probably got a quick "GTFO" message in response to "any interest in Melky going forward?"
Yep. There was no chance Melky was coming back. What surprises me is that he got 2 years and 16M. I guess it does pay to cheat sometimes.

Well when you factor in Toronto going balls out........I don't think many other teams if any would have given that much.
Sasha?

Originally posted by awol36:
Sasha?


Well she is from Sacramento.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Andrew Baggarly‏@CSNBaggs

Melky Cabrera is going to Toronto for two years and $16 million, according to ESPN Deportes.

That is a ridiculous amount of money. No way I would have paid him that much after what happened this year.
Given what has happened with the signings this year, I would not be surprised if the Giants offered Pagan something like 3/$36 with an option year. I would go for that...don't know if Pagan will.
Melky fled the country, finding a way to still stay in the MLB. Nice
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com