LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 196 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
for some reason, i thought all this Stanton talk was real.

Marlins are having a sale and everything is available.

They wont turn down 5 top prospects for stanton and contract relief from nolasco

That's all assumptions right now. There isn't even any heat as far as the Marlins wanting to trade Stanton.

They wont turn down 5 top prospects for stanton and contract relief from nolasco

That's all assumptions right now. There isn't even any heat as far as the Marlins wanting to trade Stanton.

It is assumptions and speculation. The Marlins certainly do not have to trade Stanton. However, they will at some point. I dont think there is much of a question on that given the direction they are moving and his unhappiness. Its a matter of when .
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

It is assumptions and speculation. The Marlins certainly do not have to trade Stanton. However, they will at some point. I dont think there is much of a question on that given the direction they are moving and his unhappiness. Its a matter of when .

GIVE US STANTON DAMNIT!
^^^^^^

Lol, y'all are cracking me up.
Originally posted by dcsham:
^^^^^^

We chat just for your pleasure.
The Marlins would be stupid to trade Stanton, but i wonder if Stanton can force their hand. How about a holdout?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
The Marlins would be stupid to trade Stanton, but i wonder if Stanton can force their hand. How about a holdout?

MLB players cant holdout. Its against the CBA. Their contracts are guaranteed, so any holdout would be viewed as a breach of contract, which would be followed by a potential lawsuit.

He can beg for a trade all he wants, but until he stops being cheap as dirt, the Marlins will keep him. hes cheap, and good for selling tickets. Once he starts requiring pay that matches his production (arbitration or free agency), the Marlins will quickly part ways. I suppose if he threw a big enough fit they would get rid of him, but other teams would use that as leverage to give up less.

Given the Marlins clearly have no problem dumping young superstars before or during their prime (Cabrera and Hanley), I think Stanton is going to become available in the next couple years for sure.
One of the things im looking most forward too about next March/Spring Training, is just to see how big Brian Wilson's beard will be by then. It sounds like hes going to work something out to stay put in SF, so he should be there.

Is he just going to keep it going until hes got like a full on wizard beard out there?
Originally posted by dcsham:
^^^^^^

We chat just for your pleasure.

It's working.
Originally posted by Niners99:
One of the things im looking most forward too about next March/Spring Training, is just to see how big Brian Wilson's beard will be by then. It sounds like hes going to work something out to stay put in SF, so he should be there.

Is he just going to keep it going until hes got like a full on wizard beard out there?

It seems to have stayed the same length over the last year or so. I would be surprised to see him leave but he's unlikely to make anywhere near that arbitration figure that was thrown out by MLBTR.

I would keep him around as a set-up if they want Romo to keep the closer job.

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

It seems to have stayed the same length over the last year or so. I would be surprised to see him leave but he's unlikely to make anywhere near that arbitration figure that was thrown out by MLBTR.

I think it all comes down to how much Wilson likes SF. I would bet big money that the Giants will non tender him and then try to sign him for a much lower amount for 1 year. While TJ surgery is awesome, it is still his 2nd time going through it.

With the job that Romo did I think he has to be the closer for next year. This is a talented and deep bullpen that quite frankly doesnt need to have Brian Wilson to be effective. I would offer him 1 year at 5 million with incentives.
Was thinking about the Giants CF situation. I just dont see them in the Bourne or Upton sweepstakes at all with the amount of money they are looking for. Look for them to go to Washington, Philly, or Atlanta.

If Pagan's asking price becomes too crazy and he goes elsewhere I think a possible solution would be a trade for Denard Span of Minnesota. He has a very reasonable long term deal in place and would be a terrific fit for our park. I just dont know what it would take to get him. No doubt the Twins would want pitching for him but not sure if they would go for prospects or not.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

lol huh? His beard grew significantly this last year.

It went from this:

To this:

By next Spring its going to be ridiculous.
He's gonna lose velocity on his fastball with that current beard
Was thinking about the Giants CF situation. I just dont see them in the Bourne or Upton sweepstakes at all with the amount of money they are looking for. Look for them to go to Washington, Philly, or Atlanta.

If Pagan's asking price becomes too crazy and he goes elsewhere I think a possible solution would be a trade for Denard Span of Minnesota. He has a very reasonable long term deal in place and would be a terrific fit for our park. I just dont know what it would take to get him. No doubt the Twins would want pitching for him but not sure if they would go for prospects or not.

From what I gather from the Braves talks about Span is that they(Twins) want major league ready pitching
Share 49ersWebzone