LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think Sabean should offer up Crick, Embree,, and Brown to Miami for Mike Stanton. Basically our 3 top prospects.

Would drink an entire gallon of milk in one sitting if this happened.
Originally posted by Garcia:
I think Sabean should offer up Crick, Embree,, and Brown to Miami for Mike Stanton. Basically our 3 top prospects.

LOL At some point they are going to trade Staton and will want young cheap top prospects. I highly doubt the Giants would have enough to get a deal done but I would still offer it up

LOL At some point they are going to trade Staton and will want young cheap top prospects. I highly doubt the Giants would have enough to get a deal done but I would still offer it up

i would offer that deal for Stanton, John Buck (6.5 mill), Nolasco (9 mill), and that one marlins fan

No way in hell would Marlins owner turn that down
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Nov 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
i would offer that deal for Stanton, John Buck (6.5 mill), Nolasco (9 mill), and that one marlins fan

Nolasco would be a nice back-end rotation addition.

If there is some way we can get Stanton with just prospect - wow. Do that s**t.
i dont really care about nolasco

just assuming the cheap ass owner would like to get rid of the contract

Might be hard to include John Buck on that trade unless Selig voids the trade to Toronto.

Might be hard to include John Buck on that trade unless Selig voids the trade to Toronto.

ah, was looking at 2012 salaries
I've said it before and I'll say it again, no reason to not sell the farm for Stanton. The lineup would be retarded and the core of Posey/Stanton/Crawford/Belt would be locked up until 2017. Insane.

You're right but when have the Marlins ever gotten full value for their players in trades the Uggla and Ramirez trades were practically giveaways.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, no reason to not sell the farm for Stanton. The lineup would be retarded and the core of Posey/Stanton/Crawford/Belt would be locked up until 2017. Insane.
So I say, let's get totally retarded and and trade a couple of prospects with a couple of exceptions for the services of that insanely gifted Stanton and less talented Nabisco . But it will not happen. Do we need Buck?
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Nov 19, 2012 at 12:21 AM ]

and Sandoval....when he signs his extension!

You would like this lineup?
1) Pagan
2) Scutaro
3) Posey
4) Stanton
5) Sandoval
6) Belt
7) Pence
8) Crawford

I agree about doing what it would take to get Stanton although, as I've said I dont think the Giants would have enough at the minor league level to get it done. Crick, Embree, Brown, Susac, and Peguero. I'd give up all 5 for Stanton.

You would like this lineup?
1) Pagan
2) Scutaro
3) Posey
4) Stanton
5) Sandoval
6) Belt
7) Pence
8) Crawford

I agree about doing what it would take to get Stanton although, as I've said I dont think the Giants would have enough at the minor league level to get it done. Crick, Embree, Brown, Susac, and Peguero. I'd give up all 5 for Stanton.

Would be f**king ridiculous. Then you could have Cain/Madbum with FA/farm arms rounding out the rotation, will never happen though
for some reason, i thought all this Stanton talk was real.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
for some reason, i thought all this Stanton talk was real.

Marlins are having a sale and everything is available.

They wont turn down 5 top prospects for stanton and contract relief from nolasco
Share 49ersWebzone