There are 224 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by YungBird:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Also, the Jays look really good right now:

SS Reyes
LF Melky (assuming he's actually still a decent baseball player)
RF Bautista
DH Encarnacion
3B Lawrie
1B Lind
C Arencibia
CF Rasmus
2B Bonifacio

That's an insane lineup.

Will still miss the playoffs, lol

I dont know. They also have Morrow, Johnson, Buehrle,Romero (assuming he can come back to form). Good staff. Tough division for sure but they will be right there.

As for Melky.. hard to believe any team would give him 16 million. I hope he is a bust.
Originally posted by YungBird:

SS Reyes
RF Bautista
DH Encarnacion
3B Lawrie
1B Lind
C Arencibia
CF Rasmus
2B Bonifacio

That's an insane lineup.

Will still miss the playoffs, lol

Man, the Jays are going ALL IN for next year...

As i figured, the Giants had zero interest in bringing him back. Giants FO didnt seem like theyd be getting over that anytime soon. His agent probably got a quick "GTFO" message in response to "any interest in Melky going forward?"
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by awol36:

Info on this girl?

Yes.. 38D
Originally posted by Niners99:
Man, the Jays are going ALL IN for next year...

As i figured, the Giants had zero interest in bringing him back. Giants FO didnt seem like theyd be getting over that anytime soon. His agent probably got a quick "GTFO" message in response to "any interest in Melky going forward?"
Yep. There was no chance Melky was coming back. What surprises me is that he got 2 years and 16M. I guess it does pay to cheat sometimes.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
Was this the best season in the history of the SF Giants?

No

which season beats perfect game, smoking the dodgers in the west, winning the WS, and home grown talent winning MVP?

2010. Nothing like winning the first time after SO many years especially for some of us older fans that endured a lot of pain over the years.

Yep 2010 and then this year. 1993 has a special place in my heart even though we didn't make the playoffs. Will Clark, Barry Bonds, Matt Williams and then Swift and Burkett. Won 103 games haha.

I was just thinking about if this was the best Giants season ever the other day. I think 2010 was probably more significant, because it ended the drought, but I think 2012 is my favorite of all time. It was awesome from start to finish. A perfect game, which we might not ever see again, the Giants being in the spotlight during the AS game, cruising to a division title after LA bulked up, especially that 3 game shutout sweep. The whole playoff/WS run coming back from near elimination several times. Beating the heavily favored Tigers in a 4 game sweep, Posey winning most every award he qualified for, etc.
Yep. There was no chance Melky was coming back. What surprises me is that he got 2 years and 16M. I guess it does pay to cheat sometimes.

Ya. Just saw this and was like . GMs are their own worst enemy sometimes. Here was a chance to show players it doesnt pay, and they failed.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I was just thinking about if this was the best Giants season ever the other day. I think 2010 was probably more significant, because it ended the drought, but I think 2012 is my favorite of all time. It was awesome from start to finish. A perfect game, which we might not ever see again, the Giants being in the spotlight during the AS game, cruising to a division title after LA bulked up, especially that 3 game shutout sweep. The whole playoff/WS run coming back from near elimination several times. Beating the heavily favored Tigers in a 4 game sweep, Posey winning most every award he qualified for, etc.

Not to mention that overall, with the exception of the poor performances of the staff on occasion... I think this team in 2012 is better than in 2010. I agree with pretty much everything you said.
Originally posted by Garcia:

Not to mention that overall, with the exception of the poor performances of the staff on occasion... I think this team in 2012 is better than in 2010. I agree with pretty much everything you said.

I dont know. The 2010 team had more power and better starting pitching with Timmy at the top of his game. I also think the best team that either team played was the Phillies in 2010 and the Giants took them out in 6. The 2012 team had to overcome so much but I would not say it was better overall. Arguments can be made both ways though.

SS Reyes
RF Bautista
DH Encarnacion
3B Lawrie
1B Lind
C Arencibia
CF Rasmus
2B Bonifacio

That's an insane lineup.

Unlike the NYY or LAD who try to buy a WS title, I have no hatred towards Toronto, so I'm meh about their team. But enjoying the negative rep Miami is getting though.

EDIT: But I agree with others, waaay overpaid for Melky...taught cheating players that all is forgiven so easily.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Nov 16, 2012 at 12:23 PM ]
So is Gregor the permanent replacement for the Melk or what

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
So is Gregor the permanent replacement for the Melk or what

not full time. They will add an outfielder I'm assuming to platoon with him.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Nov 16, 2012 at 1:30 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
not full time. The will add an outfielder

hopefully BJ Upton
Originally posted by Garcia:
not full time. The will add an outfielder

hopefully BJ Upton

With Melky getting 16 Million for 2 years I can only imagine now what guys like BJ Upton will get. I though Pagan's ceiling was 4/40 but I might be wrong now given this crazy deal for Melky. This is why its so important to draft well. Free Agency is nuts.

The Giants should draft pitching and outfielders only in the first 15 rounds.
With Melky getting 16 Million for 2 years I can only imagine now what guys like BJ Upton will get. I though Pagan's ceiling was 4/40 but I might be wrong now given this crazy deal for Melky. This is why its so important to draft well. Free Agency is nuts.

The Giants should draft pitching and outfielders only in the first 15 rounds.

you are gonna overpay in Free Agency no matter who you sign. I get what you are saying though. FA should be used to plug holes and not a way to build a team your core of your team should be home grown players
Share 49ersWebzone