LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Was this the best season in the history of the SF Giants?

No

which season beats perfect game, smoking the dodgers in the west, winning the WS, and home grown talent winning MVP?

2010. Nothing like winning the first time after SO many years especially for some of us older fans that endured a lot of pain over the years.

Yep 2010 and then this year. 1993 has a special place in my heart even though we didn't make the playoffs. Will Clark, Barry Bonds, Matt Williams and then Swift and Burkett. Won 103 games haha.

1993 was a good year but SO painful at the end. I was at Dodger Stadium for the last game when the Giants got smoked and lost out by 1 game. No wild card back then.

No

which season beats perfect game, smoking the dodgers in the west, winning the WS, and home grown talent winning MVP?

2010. Nothing like winning the first time after SO many years especially for some of us older fans that endured a lot of pain over the years.

Yep 2010 and then this year. 1993 has a special place in my heart even though we didn't make the playoffs. Will Clark, Barry Bonds, Matt Williams and then Swift and Burkett. Won 103 games haha.

1993 was a good year but SO painful at the end. I was at Dodger Stadium for the last game when the Giants got smoked and lost out by 1 game. No wild card back then.

I agree that 2010 was more special. But I think this was the best baseball year since this team has been in SF. 2012 team achieved more accolades for sure.

No

I agree that 2010 was more special. But I think this was the best baseball year since this team has been in SF. 2012 team achieved more accolades for sure.

I agree with that. 2010 will always be #1 but I agree that this team achieved more accolades. Perfect game for Cain, MVP and all the other awards from Buster, AS MVP for Melky (lol), winning 6 straight elimination games, running away from the Dodgers after their huge trade, and sweeping the Tigers 4 in a row. Pretty remarkable.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Melky going to Toronto according to Baggerly.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Andrew Baggarly‏@CSNBaggs

Melky Cabrera is going to Toronto for two years and $16 million, according to ESPN Deportes.
Jesus, way more money than I thought anyone would offer him.
Didn't think he would get that much. I would've jumped on that contract as well.
Also, the Jays look really good right now:

SS Reyes
LF Melky (assuming he's actually still a decent baseball player)
RF Bautista
DH Encarnacion
3B Lawrie
1B Lind
C Arencibia
CF Rasmus
2B Bonifacio

That's an insane lineup.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Also, the Jays look really good right now:

SS Reyes
LF Melky (assuming he's actually still a decent baseball player)
RF Bautista
DH Encarnacion
3B Lawrie
1B Lind
C Arencibia
CF Rasmus
2B Bonifacio

That's an insane lineup.

Will still miss the playoffs, lol

Agreed that is a stacked lineup. If it was me personally making it, I would put Bonifacio second and bump everyone down (also assuming Melky is still Melky).
Toronto trying to be Miami/Detroit/LA/NY. Still won't make the playoffs.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Andrew Baggarly ‏@CSNBaggs
The Melk Men can circle June 4-5 on calendar. That's when Blue Jays visit AT&T Park. Giants also play at Toronto May 14-15.

I'm sure he'll get a nice warm welcome.
Originally posted by awol36:

Info on this girl?
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Info on this girl?

Genevieve Chanelle
Share 49ersWebzone