There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Anyone listen to Buster Posey's weekly interview with Tierney & Bucher on 95.7 The Game yesterday?

Posey sounded REAL irritated and annoyed towards the end when T&B kept asking how he felt about not catching Timmy and Barry and what may be going on behind the scenes. Never heard Posey sound like that before. He was quiet, let out sighs, there were some long pauses. He just wanted to get off the phone. At the same time, he should be expecting those questions, but also, Bucher should know when enough is enough. Posey already did his best to answer his question. Move on and don't piss off one of your best weekly interviewees.

Heard it. I personally wouldnt go as far as saying that Posey did his best to answer the question. But it was typical athlete humbleness and not wanting to throw anyone under the bus. When Bucher kept pushing, he TRIED to take the Giants completely out of the question, and just ask if from a baseball standpoint, if he agreed with personal catchers.

Posey sounded irritated and it was slightly uncomfortable radio....but I dont think its that big of a deal. I happen to agree with T&B.
Looks like theres a good chance Posey win the NL MVP, NL batting title, NL Comeback POY, and NL C Silver Slugger.

Not a bad year for a guy coming off a devastating injury.

I could see Molina getting the Silver Slugger, just because theyd want to reward him with something as runner up. Plus he did play catcher 100% of the time.
Originally posted by YungBird:
Anyone listen to Buster Posey's weekly interview with Tierney & Bucher on 95.7 The Game yesterday?

Posey sounded REAL irritated and annoyed towards the end when T&B kept asking how he felt about not catching Timmy and Barry and what may be going on behind the scenes. Never heard Posey sound like that before. He was quiet, let out sighs, there were some long pauses. He just wanted to get off the phone. At the same time, he should be expecting those questions, but also, Bucher should know when enough is enough. Posey already did his best to answer his question. Move on and don't piss off one of your best weekly interviewees.

Link?

Try this: http://www.957thegame.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6060408

If that doesn't work, just go on 957thegame.com and look at the podcast.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Heard it. I personally wouldnt go as far as saying that Posey did his best to answer the question. But it was typical athlete humbleness and not wanting to throw anyone under the bus. When Bucher kept pushing, he TRIED to take the Giants completely out of the question, and just ask if from a baseball standpoint, if he agreed with personal catchers.

Posey sounded irritated and it was slightly uncomfortable radio....but I dont think its that big of a deal. I happen to agree with T&B.

By not throwing anyone under the bus, that was the best way for him to answer the question IMO. It almost sounded like Bucher was trying to get Posey to talk s**t or place blame.
does anyone have the line up?
Bucher was the same guy that said that the Warriors were in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
San Francisco Giants ‏@SFGiants
#SFGiants will face the #Reds in the Division Series

By not throwing anyone under the bus, that was the best way for him to answer the question IMO. It almost sounded like Bucher was trying to get Posey to talk s**t or place blame.

what exactly did he say?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

what exactly did he say?

Told you guys.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

what exactly did he say?

Told you guys.

nevermind just listened.. i don't know how else he's supposed to answer those questions
Bring on the Reds
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Bring on the Reds

I think it was kind of a wash as far who we faced. I think I'd rather face the Reds but who knows.
The good thing is we start on the road and we are one of the best road teams in the league.

Look for our hitters to be licking their chops.
Bring on the Reds

I think it was kind of a wash as far who we faced. I think I'd rather face the Reds but who knows.
The good thing is we start on the road and we are one of the best road teams in the league.

you start at home
I didnt think the interview was all THAT bad. He simply wasnt going to throw anyone under the bus and answer the questions which was the right thing to do. I thought Buster was bored long before the Zito/Timmy questions came up.

Bottom line.. its not a major issue at all for the playoffs nor was it ever. Timmy has sucked whether pitching to Posey or Sanchez. Poesy will be catching when Lincecum starts. Zito, on the other hand, may get Sanchez, because of his success. Personal catchers go way back.
Bring on the Reds

Yeah it changed this year. The first two games are home games for the lower seed (us), then the last three (if necessary) will be away.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com