LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

It doesn't matter who we face as long as we execute. I think this team is that good
McCutchen watch: 0-2 tonight and on deck
Originally posted by ads_2006:
It doesn't matter who we face as long as we execute. I think this team is that good

I agree...I have zero preference of who we play, and I put zero stock into what we have done during the regular season against any particular team. It's a whole new set of circumstances once the playoffs start.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Posey is only 2 pts behind him now. I think if he gets to 100 rbis the AP voters will lock him in anyways, but if he takes the batting title away from McCutchen its a slam dunk.

Edit: now only 1 pt ahead!
[ Edited by Niners99 on Sep 22, 2012 at 5:54 PM ]
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Focus giant fans. We still need to win tonight. Don't start poppin champagne yet

Eh, who cares. Its over. Its been over. Were NL West champs, and its impossible to blow this now.

Pop the champagne if you want.

So far, I've popped Mission Red Ale and Shark Attack Pumpkin Ale.

You like the pumpkin?
Imagine if we face the Nats, we win the first game in Washington...young team first time in playoffs. What's gonna happen?

Headlines, probably accompanied by a picture of strasburg on bench. That would hurt them imo
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Now 0-3

Zito and Timmy make me very nervous. Ryan seems to be back together. I'd go with Madison , Cain and Ryan. Don't let Casilla anywhere near the mound.

Don't use Huff in any capacity. Do we have Burriss? Don't use him.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Sep 22, 2012 at 5:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
Focus giant fans. We still need to win tonight. Don't start poppin champagne yet

Eh, who cares. Its over. Its been over. Were NL West champs, and its impossible to blow this now.

Pop the champagne if you want.

So far, I've popped Mission Red Ale and Shark Attack Pumpkin Ale.

You like the pumpkin?

I'm still thinking about the pumpkin. I screwed up though...it's Shipyard not Shark Attack. 9.0% phew!
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

Zito and Timmy make me very nervous. Ryan seems to be back together. I'd go with Madison , Cain and Ryan. Don't let Casilla anywhere near the mound.

Timmy's pitched close to a 3.00 ERA since the All-Star break and he makes you nervous.... Vogey pitches ONE good game over his last 8 starts and you feel he's back on track?

I'm still thinking about the pumpkin. I screwed up though...it's Shipyard not Shark Attack. 9.0% phew!

Man, s**t goes over 6 and it gets harsh, lol
Okay, Timmy maybe has it back together. I certainly hope so.
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

Lol, Huff won't be on the roster. Burriss? Dude, he's long gone.

Timmy doesn't make me nervous at all. Big game pitcher...I want him throwing in the post season. Bring anyone on who wants to face him. My guess is that it will go Cain, Bum, Timmy, and then Bochy has a decision on Vogey and Zito and I trust he will make the right one.
Thanks. I wasn't sure about Burriss and did not bother to look him up.
Zito + vogey out pen or vice versa

Vogey will pitch because it will be his first/ possibly only time in post season
Share 49ersWebzone