There are 241 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
its messed up how Mota gets a pass but Melky doesn't

I agree if they aren't going to bring Melky back, cut Mota's s**tty-ass also. He's awful and a waste of a roster space.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

I agree if they aren't going to bring Melky back, cut Mota's s**tty-ass also. He's awful and a waste of a roster space.

I don't agree. Mota didn't make the fans fall in love with him, wear costumes to the games, cheer wildly all based upon a lie. Melky took advantage of our great fans. We turned him into a superstar for half a season and he betrayed everyone. Mota only spot pitches.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I don't agree. Mota didn't make the fans fall in love with him, wear costumes to the games, cheer wildly all based upon a lie. Melky took advantage of our great fans. We turned him into a superstar for half a season and he betrayed everyone. Mota only spot pitches.

Don't care if the fans loved him or not. You can't pick and choose which cheater to embrace, that's not how it works. Because Mota sucks ass, we should be okay with him being on the team even though he cheated? Hypocritical.

The problem with baseball is they either need to take a stand against ALL the cheating or turn a blind eye. Can't just vilify who ever is convenient at the moment.

And this s**t is what drives me crazy, Heyman hates on Melky for the last 50 games for being a cheater and then tweets this b******t:

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS braun probably favored for nl mvp. but know posey has helped #SFGiants get in by batting .392 w/ 1.125 OPS in 2nd 1/2

Get a f**king backbone. Earth to everyone: HE CHEATED TOO and got off on a b******t technicality.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Don't care if the fans loved him or not. You can't pick and choose which cheater to embrace, that's not how it works. Because Mota sucks ass, we should be okay with him being on the team even though he cheated? Hypocritical.

The problem with baseball is they either need to take a stand against ALL the cheating or turn a blind eye. Can't just vilify who ever is convenient at the moment.

And this s**t is what drives me crazy, Heyman hates on Melky for the last 50 games for being a cheater and then tweets this b******t:

Quote:

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS braun probably favored for nl mvp. but know posey has helped #SFGiants get in by batting .392 w/ 1.125 OPS in 2nd 1/2

Get a f**king backbone. Earth to everyone: HE CHEATED TOO and got off on a b******t technicality.

Agreed but its human nature. People care about the stars. Melky was a star, Mota wasn't. Nobody makes a fuss if a AAA player pisses hot, nobody cares if a practice squad player does, but a star is big news. Also, baseball players get hammered, football players almost get a pass.

And Buster Olney said most writers will leave Braun off their ballot completely.
Giants bring Melk back and it's like the roids never left him he wins WS MVP
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't care if it was self-serving, Melky did the right thing.

MLB needs to just make a damn rule saying that players suspended for PED's are ineligible for postseason awards.

Once again, desipite their being a simple solution to this problem, Bud Selig and baseball refuse to do anything.

What a f**king joke those guys are.
Originally posted by crzy:
I don't care if it was self-serving, Melky did the right thing.

MLB needs to just make a damn rule saying that players suspended for PED's are ineligible for postseason awards.

Once again, desipite their being a simple solution to this problem, Bud Selig and baseball refuse to do anything.

What a f**king joke those guys are.

I agree with this. Need to get ahead of the game, quit reacting, and implement something without being forced.
Giants look like serious World Series contenders. Can't believe playoffs are already only a few weeks away. Imagine Giants win the series and 9ers win the superbowl in the same year.
My takes:
1) Melky is a losing cheating piece of crap and I just wish MLB had taken the stance to strip him of the chance to win the title
2) I would cut both Melky and Mota. Both. No exceptions to the rule. If you get busted for PEDs you are history
3) MLB needs to take a MUCH harsher stance on PEDs abuse. First offense - 1 full season 2nd Offense - 3 years 3rd Death Penalty
Originally posted by BayArea:
Giants look like serious World Series contenders. Can't believe playoffs are already only a few weeks away. Imagine Giants win the series and 9ers win the superbowl in the same year.

Tell you what. I will take one of the two and be happy.

Congratulations to Buster Posey for winning the Willie Mac Award!!
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
My takes:
1) Melky is a losing cheating piece of crap and I just wish MLB had taken the stance to strip him of the chance to win the title
2) I would cut both Melky and Mota. Both. No exceptions to the rule. If you get busted for PEDs you are history
3) MLB needs to take a MUCH harsher stance on PEDs abuse. First offense - 1 full season 2nd Offense - 3 years 3rd Death Penalty

This, this and this. I totally agree on the fact that the MLB needs to figure it's s**t out.
That's nice of Melky, but he still hasnt talked to the team. So screw him.
My takes:

I agree with the 3rd one, but MLB player union wouldn't uphold such a punishment.
My takes:

so if we had ryan braun (long term)

would you say the same thing?
Share 49ersWebzone