LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 130 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
isnt posey leading the league with the most amount of Stolen Bases given up? I thought I heard that somewhere

Quite a few of the giants pitchers are horrible at holding on runners. That stat is misleading if true. You have almost no shot at throwing someone out with Timmy on the bump. Posey throws out a lot of runners in spite of this though.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
isnt posey leading the league with the most amount of Stolen Bases given up? I thought I heard that somewhere

Quite a few of the giants pitchers are horrible at holding on runners. That stat is misleading if true. You have almost no shot at throwing someone out with Timmy on the bump. Posey throws out a lot of runners in spite of this though.

Posey has thrown out more runners than any catcher in MLB I believe.
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Posey has thrown out more runners than any catcher in MLB I believe.
Found it. Posey has given up the 2nd most Stolen Bases in the Majors and has thrown out the most base runners
http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable.jsp?c_id=mlb&tcid=mm_mlb_stats#elem=[object+Object]&tab_level=child&click_text=Sortable+Player+fielding&sectionType=sp&statType=fielding&page=1&ts=1348239984754&position=%272%27&sortColumn=sb&sortOrder=%27desc%27&extended=0
MVPosey
MVP posey and batting champ melky lol
I agree with 99 on this one. If we didnt know about Braun's Peds (which is supposed to be confidential) then he would be an easy winner. His is leading the NL is virtually every important category. However, given that we DO know, Posey should win the award. He is having one of the greatest post all star years for a catcher in the history of the game and elevated the entire team when it counted.

Right now I would vote it this way:
1) Posey
2) Braun
3) McCutchen
Originally posted by Snider8706:
MVP posey and batting champ melky lol

I am hopeful that McCutchen gets hot over the final 13 games and wins the batting title. Screw Melky.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I am hopeful that McCutchen gets hot over the final 13 games and wins the batting title. Screw Melky.

meh. I don't care if melky wins or not. He ultimately loses due to his next contract and his tarnish reputation.
I'd rather Posey gets hot and hits .500 for the next 12 games and takes the batting title for himself.
Melky's winning the batting title. I've pretty much just accepted it.

Posey winning NL MVP puts a big smile on my face. Screw that cheater Ryan Braun.

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
I'd rather Posey gets hot and hits .500 for the next 12 games and takes the batting title for himself.

That would be the sweetest thing ever. And screw Melky

This, someone do the math NAO!
Originally posted by SFrush:
Melky's winning the batting title. I've pretty much just accepted it.

Posey winning NL MVP puts a big smile on my face. Screw that cheater Ryan Braun.

Is Posey now the favorite? I know he's been red hot during the second half, but I haven't kept up with McCutchen
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

This, someone do the math NAO!

Melky needs one AB to qualify. If you add an that AB, his average sits at .3456

Posey's averaging 3.3 AB's per game. Assuming he plays in 11 of the next 12 games, that means he has approx. 36 AB's left. If he got 18 hits in those 36 AB's, that'd put him at .3465 and the batting title.

So yeah, he'd literally have to hit .500 from here on out to have a chance.
Andrew Baggarly ‏@CSNBaggs BREAKING AND EXCLUSIVE: Melky Cabrera ruled ineligible to win NL batting title. Our story: http://www.csnbayarea.com/baseball-san-francisco-giants/giants-talk/EXCLUSIVE-Melky-Cabrera-ruled-ineligible?blockID=777029&feedID=10850
Share 49ersWebzone