LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 317 users in the forums

Tiger Woods Thread

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Only if you look at majors as the critieria. Just 2 years ago he won 5 times on tour, was PGA player of the year, and was #1 in the world.

Problem is no one cares about PGA wins. Its all about how many majors you have.

Not true at all. Fred Couples is in the Hall of Fame and won exactly ONE major. Trust me.. if Tiger were to win 4 regular events and pass Sam Snead for most career wins it would be a HUGE deal. Only people who dont follow the game much care only about majors.

He is in the HOF because of that one major and his 26 top 10 major finishes, not because of his 14 PGA wins.

OF COUSE majors are important but to say they are all that matters is just stupid. John Daly has won 2 majors - one more than Couples. You think he is going to be in the HOF? Hell no. Colin Montgomery has ZERO major wins and is in HOF. Why? All the European tour wins and his record in Ryder Cups. YES.. not one major on the regular tour and in the Hall of Fame.

If a player wins only 1 major he isnt even eligible to be in the HOF now unless he has also won 15 tour events. LOL at top 10 finishes in majors being a reason for anyone being in the HOF
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Aug 2, 2015 at 12:45 AM ]
Lol at PGA wins not mattering
OK. Was it just me or did Tiger look different? Never heard any comments and can't find anything online.
His upper belly looked distended.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
OK. Was it just me or did Tiger look different? Never heard any comments and can't find anything online.
His upper belly looked distended.

Its you
well... 3 rds in the 60s anyway. Now Tiger needs to put 4 together.
64 today. Kinda curious to see how he holds up the next 3 days.
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Yep. I dont know if he can play 4 great rounds in a row but I will be rooting for him.

Yep. I dont know if he can play 4 great rounds in a row but I will be rooting for him.

Same here. He needs a confidence boost after the year he's had.
how's he looking today?
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
how's he looking today?

3 putted the first hole and not making anything. Swing looks good right now especially his irons.

Tiger with a 64-65 and tied for the lead. UNREAL. His swing looked really good today and he really could have shot a 62 or 63. Now.. can he hold up on the weekend?
Tiger with a 64-65 and tied for the lead. UNREAL. His swing looked really good today and he really could have shot a 62 or 63. Now.. can he hold up on the weekend?

The PGA would love a tiger woods comeback story.
Damn couldn't hold up. Still a good weekend overall.

Pretty happy that 51 year old Davis Love won . I do wish Tiger had played better though.

Pretty happy that 51 year old Davis Love won . I do wish Tiger had played better though.

Yeah it was pretty cool seeing Love win. Would've liked to have seen Tiger finish in the top 5 but its something to build upon. He showed that he can still play really well which a lot of people didn't think he could do anymore. Its just a matter of doing it over 4 days.
Share 49ersWebzone