LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Tiger Woods Thread

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
The irony.

The fact remains the guy just can't get his act together at a major. Next year will be his 6th without a major. Wow. How about that for irony huh ?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Tiger Woods has played 7 PGA Championship rounds at Oak Hill. His combined score in those rounds is +16 (no rounds under par)
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Tiger Woods has played 7 PGA Championship rounds at Oak Hill. His combined score in those rounds is +16 (no rounds under par)

Wow. That's an interesting piece of info. Good job !! No wonder then.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
What a surprise that Rascal didnt post when Tiger ran away last week and won his 5th time this year. I guarantee we never would have seen a post this week if Tiger had won.

LOL this
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
+4, dropped another 3 shots,13 shots behind, tied for 48th, that says it all. I don't know why is it so difficult for people just accept the fact that Tiger just can't get his act together in majors.
Originally posted by Rascal:
+4, dropped another 3 shots,13 shots behind, tied for 48th, that says it all. I don't know why is it so difficult for people just accept the fact that Tiger just can't get his act together in majors.

that's what I've been trying to tell you the entire time
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

That's what I have been saying all along, so what is the disconnect ?

That's what I have been saying all along, so what is the disconnect ?

NO. You said that Tiger wasnt great anymore. I believe you called him decent. Those of us that actually get it know that Tiger is still a great golfer and that he simply hasnt played well in the majors. He isnt the Tiger of old but he is still the #1 golfer in the entire universe.

Its obvious that he hasnt had his "act together" in the majors. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
NO. You said that Tiger wasnt great anymore. I believe you called him decent. Those of us that actually get it know that Tiger is still a great golfer and that he simply hasnt played well in the majors. He isnt the Tiger of old but he is still the #1 golfer in the entire universe.

Its obvious that he hasnt had his "act together" in the majors. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that.

Ah OK, I still stand by that. In my book, to be great you need to be able to win majors. I don't think say one major in two years or three tops is asking for too much. If he can win 5 touraments in a season, by right it means he should be in great form to win a major, but it just hasn't translated.

Let me give you an analogy, you can have a 15-1 season like the Packers did a couple of seasons back, but if you get beaten in the first playoff game it doesn't mean an awful lot. That's not to say they are a bad team, but may be just not quite good enough.

Tiger was "great" when he was both ranked No. 1 and creaming the majors, there has to be a drop-off in the assessment of his game if he can't win a major in 5 years. What you are saying is he was great then and he is just as great now, where is the differentiation then ? I am quite sure Tiger would be happy to rank slightly lower in the PGA rankings and to win a major.

Ah OK, I still stand by that. In my book, to be great you need to be able to win majors. I don't think say one major in two years or three tops is asking for too much. If he can win 5 touraments in a season, by right it means he should be in great form to win a major, but it just hasn't translated.

Let me give you an analogy, you can have a 15-1 season like the Packers did a couple of seasons back, but if you get beaten in the first playoff game it doesn't mean an awful lot. That's not to say they are a bad team, but may be just not quite good enough.

Tiger was "great" when he was both ranked No. 1 and creaming the majors, there has to be a drop-off in the assessment of his game if he can't win a major in 5 years. What you are saying is he was great then and he is just as great now, where is the differentiation then ? I am quite sure Tiger would be happy to rank slightly lower in the PGA rankings and to win a major.

God, you're just full of wonderful insight

• Rascal
  • Veteran
God, you're just full of wonderful insight

Thanks, you are welcome.

So do you think Justin Rose, Adam Scott, or Phil are better golfers than Tiger because they won majors this year? Or, do you not think there are any great golfers in the entire world?

Where did I say that Tiger was "just as great now"? Here is the differentiation for you..............

Tiger of the 90s and 2000s was the best or 2nd best golfer of all time. Dominating and feared by the others

Tiger in 2013 is the #1 player in the world, has won 5 times, and is still the best. He has lost the edge in the majors and not playing like the GOAT like he used to. However, I am still going to call anyone who is the #1 in the world in anything great at what they do.

By the way, your analogy is retarded.
So do you think Justin Rose, Adam Scott, or Phil are better golfers than Tiger because they won majors this year? Or, do you not think there are any great golfers in the entire world?

Where did I say that Tiger was "just as great now"? Here is the differentiation for you..............

Tiger of the 90s and 2000s was the best or 2nd best golfer of all time. Dominating and feared by the others

Tiger in 2013 is the #1 player in the world, has won 5 times, and is still the best. He has lost the edge in the majors and not playing like the GOAT like he used to. However, I am still going to call anyone who is the #1 in the world in anything great at what they do.

By the way, your analogy is retarded.

LOL just don't even bother...he won't be back until next year

just like Danimal doesn't appear until Romo has a rough outing
f**k that. Anyone see Dufners wife? Way out of his damn fat ass league.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
f**k that. Anyone see Dufners wife? Way out of his damn fat ass league.

OMG. She reminded me of a young Catherine Zeta Jones. Beautiful.
Share 49ersWebzone