There are 152 users in the forums

Tiger Woods Thread

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
He may not win but its a joke to say he has NO chance. I like his chances more than Tigers tomorrow. Woods has had about 5 real birdie putts in 2 rds.

Nice taking things out of context as usual ...I posted that before the start of the 3rd round and I also don't think he'll win it tomorrow either.

Yes I know. Yesterday I made a comment that I thought either Westwood or Tiger would win. You then said that Westwood had NO chance. What the f**k are you talking about taking anything out of context. I took nothing at all out of context. Perhaps you need to read the posts.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jul 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM ]
LOL glad I woke up for this

It's not even the putting so far, it's just s**t ball striking for Tiger and well everybody else

Hell nobody except Poulter is doing anything worth watching
Even par could very well win this. Tiger and Westwood are playing like crap and they have brought lots of guys in it. At this point Adam Scott is looking good. Just wish Phil could string a couple of birdies.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Let's face reality here. Tiger Woods has passed his prime. He may be No. 1 in the PGA ranking, he is not the Tiger of old. The days when ALL golfers were sh*t scared of Tiger are long gone. Tiger now, is an OK player, but he doesn't attack anymore. It started with his driver, he can honestly retire that club entirely. Even his 3 wood shots are getting out of control. His irons were his best game, but you don't see the ball going right at the flag anymore with backspin. In terms of putting, while he can get the ball pretty near to the hole with decent speed control, the ball never goes in. He just doesn't have the confidence anymore and most of the time he overreads. He simply looks uncomfortable on the golf course, he looks way too tight.

Let me give you an analogy, Tiger is exactly like Roger Federer now in tennis. The guy has long passed his prime, even on grass his favourite surface namely Wimbledon, he couldn't even get through the 2nd round this year. It is that sad.

Just look at the score now, Tiger is shooting +4 through 11 and tied for 10th. Is really painful to watch, not unlike the US Open.

Adam Scott is making a run now, no way will Tiger win it.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Let's face reality here. Tiger Woods has passed his prime. He may be No. 1 in the PGA ranking, he is not the Tiger of old. The days when ALL golfers were sh*t scared of Tiger are long gone. Tiger now, is an OK player, but he doesn't attack anymore. It started with his driver, he can honestly retire that club entirely. Even his 3 wood shots are getting out of control. His irons were his best game, but you don't see the ball going right at the flag anymore with backspin. In terms of putting, while he can get the ball pretty near to the hole with decent speed control, the ball never goes in. He just doesn't have the confidence anymore and most of the time he overreads. He simply looks uncomfortable on the golf course, he looks way too tight.

Let me give you an analogy, Tiger is exactly like Roger Federer now in tennis. The guy has long passed his prime, even on grass his favourite surface namely Wimbledon, he couldn't even get through the 2nd round this year. It is that sad.

Just look at the score now, Tiger is shooting +4 through 11 and tied for 10th. Is really painful to watch, not unlike the US Open.

Adam Scott is making a run now, no way will Tiger win it.

LOL An OK player? He puts too much pressure on himself in the majors in my opinion and it has affected his play. But he is the #1 ranked player in the world , has won 4 titles this year, and despite his struggles is 4 strokes back. Calling him just OK is ridiculous.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
LOL An OK player? He puts too much pressure on himself in the majors in my opinion and it has affected his play. But he is the #1 ranked player in the world , has won 4 titles this year, and despite his struggles is 4 strokes back. Calling him just OK is ridiculous.

Is only semantics. Let's call him a good player then, but he is certainly not a "great" player anymore. He was a great player. PGA ranked 1st doesn't mean anything. You have to win the majors, is just like tennis. If I am not wrong, Tiger has not won a major since 2008.

Is only semantics. Let's call him a good player then, but he is certainly not a "great" player anymore. He was a great player. PGA ranked 1st doesn't mean anything. You have to win the majors, is just like tennis. If I am not wrong, Tiger has not won a major since 2008.

You have no clue what you are talking about if you call Tiger Woods an OK or a good player. He is the #1 ranked player in the WORLD by the way. Yes, he is not the dominant force that he was but he is still a great player.
Tiger back in it
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
You have no clue what you are talking about if you call Tiger Woods an OK or a good player. He is the #1 ranked player in the WORLD by the way. Yes, he is not the dominant force that he was but he is still a great player.

No clue ? LOL. Tell me, if Tiger is not a dominant force anymore, then where does that leave him ? A good player perhaps ? LOL.

No clue ? LOL. Tell me, if Tiger is not a dominant force anymore, then where does that leave him ? A good player perhaps ? LOL.

So you cant be a great player unless you dominate and win 14 majors? I guess that means there are no great golfers then in the world since no one dominates every major.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Looks like Phil might be getting it done.
PHIL MICKELSON BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
So you cant be a great player unless you dominate and win 14 majors? I guess that means there are no great golfers then in the world since no one dominates every major.

Great to me is about winning majors on a relatively consistent basis. You are right, currently there are no dominant players in the game. There are however a lot of good players, you can easily say name 10 good players right off the bat. Phil is a good player and it looks like he might just win this one. But, going back to Tiger, the problem lies in the fact that he had set the bar so high which makes his current game looks worse than it really is. So yes, he is still a good player, but not someone that really stands out when you put him in the company of Phil and the likes.

My point is I am reluctant to use the word "great", cos if you do there will be a tonne of "great" players in the game which really doesn't differentiate such players in being special.
So what constitutes regularly winning majors? 3 a year?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So what constitutes regularly winning majors? 3 a year?

No s**t. lol
Share 49ersWebzone