There are 213 users in the forums

2012 AL WEST CHAMPS Oakland A's Regular Season Thread

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by schmons:
anyone got an update if the game is happening tonight?

Hoping it will

"@townsendradio: Just sprinkling at the Coliseum. If it stays like this we'll get it in. Dugout Show at 6pm @957thegame #Athletics http://t.co/DLHKWblp"

Also saw that cespedes wouldn't comment on Ozzie Guillen's comments on Fidel castro

"@susanslusser: #Athletics vs. #Royals: Weeks 2B, Crisp LF, Cespedes CF, Gomes DH, Donaldson 3B, Cowgill RF, Barton 1B, Recker C, Pennington SS. Godfrey P."

weak line up today lol
Suzuki went 3/3 yesterday I was hoping he'd play again. Also like watching Redick play but I want to see how Cowgill does
I know he was back yesterday but I'm glad to see Barton back. I still think he can be a decent 1st baseman for us.
[ Edited by ImaMod on Apr 10, 2012 at 3:35 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
damn.. Joey Devine to have elbow surgery
He just came off Tommy John recently, he worked so hard to come back and he needs elboy surgery now.

That sucks for the A's but I feel bad for Joey Devine. This guy posted a 0.59 ERA and 0.83 whip in 49 games in 2008 and has basically been injured since.

I hope he comes back from it but it'll be hard for him. He's still 28.

Wow so it is Tommy John surgery for him again. That's rough. Hope he returns. Has there been a pitcher with 2 Tommy John surgeries in 3 years that was still successful?
I feel bad for the guy. Tough break for him and the A's

Susan Slusser ‏ @susanslusser Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Tommy John surgery again for Devine. #Athletics

Tough luck for Devine to need that ligament repaired again after surgery in 2009. Very rare as a repeat procedure. #Athletics

Devine expected back in 12-18 months. Fact he's 28 helps. Ulnar nerve was buried, needed to be moved, flexor tendon cleaned up
[ Edited by ImaMod on Apr 10, 2012 at 4:51 PM ]
Hahahahaha! I thought that the game was in danger of being canceled because no one showed up because otherwise there should be no reason why they can't play the game. Then I remembered I was in Texas and read on about it raining in Oakland.

I actually kind of want to go to a game now. I could get really cheap tickets and then walk down to the first deck and get some sweet seats. Maybe catch a foul ball or a ball touched by Cespedes thrown into the stands on his way back to the dugout!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Hahahahaha! I thought that the game was in danger of being canceled because no one showed up because otherwise there should be no reason why they can't play the game. Then I remembered I was in Texas and read on about it raining in Oakland.

I actually kind of want to go to a game now. I could get really cheap tickets and then walk down to the first deck and get some sweet seats. Maybe catch a foul ball or a ball touched by Cespedes thrown into the stands on his way back to the dugout!

lol my cousin told me he did that a couple times last year.. kinda sad

update on brett anderson's rehab from Tommy John, sounds good

Anderson, soaked after bullpen session in rain, says his fastball is better than it's been in a year and a half. "Live" fastball. #Athletics

Brett Anderson threw his first full bullpen session, 45 pitches, threw everything and at full distance. He feels great. #Athletics
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
lol there's no way there's more than 500 people at the game today. Way too empty
i cant wait til the giants nation invade the coliseum. btw, nice catch by that outfielder to save two runs.
-that play by lorenzo cain.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
i cant wait til the giants nation invade the coliseum. btw, nice catch by that outfielder to save two runs.

ya that was Cowgill. was a nice play

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
-that play by lorenzo cain.

Man I thought that was gone when it went off Barton's bat. he hit that hard

Cain got injured on that play

#Royals CF Lorenzo Cain, who did make terrific running catch in second, appeared to be in some discomfort after catch and is now out of game
ya that was Cowgill. was a nice play

Man I thought that was gone when it went off Barton's bat. he hit that hard

Cain got injured on that play

#Royals CF Lorenzo Cain, who did make terrific running catch in second, appeared to be in some discomfort after catch and is now out of game

Great play. Unfortunately, that will probably be on the web gems.

This is an all-around bad game for the A's. Weeks is playing well defensively, but the top of the lineup can't get going.
I really hope you guys dont move, but the amount of people at the games have been downright embarrassing.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
what a terrible game. 1 hit through 7 innings. everyone looked like crap besides Colin Cowgill, as weird as that sounds, got on base twice and made a good play on defense

Blevins, Johnny Gomes were just
Cespedes crushed a ball but it was just foul, Barton hit the ball hard and probably would've cleared the fence if this weather wasnt so crappy and would've been extra bases but Cain made a great play
Cespedes also dropped a ball in CF

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I really hope you guys dont move, but the amount of people at the games have been downright embarrassing.

very embarrassing, Lew Wolff and Fisher deserve it. i hope they loses money this year and sell the team

Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Great play. Unfortunately, that will probably be on the web gems.

This is an all-around bad game for the A's. Weeks is playing well defensively, but the top of the lineup can't get going.

yea, all around terrible game. so frustrating to watch

what a depressing game
Is this game going to restart? Im gonna be so f***ing pissed if they call it.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Either they call it or they resume. No way it restarts

I won't be mad if they call it. A's played like crap knowing there was a chance this would happen. 1 hit in 7 innings says it all
[ Edited by ImaMod on Apr 10, 2012 at 10:45 PM ]

Either they call it or they resume. No way it restarts

I won't be mad if they call it. A's played like crap knowing there was a chance this would happen. 1 hit in 7 innings says it all

Im sorry. I know you dont know me or how much I know about baseball, so you are just responding to what I wrote. lol

When I said restart, I meant resume. Sorry about the confusion. But yeah, if this game doesnt resume, Im gonna be livid.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Im sorry. I know you dont know me or how much I know about baseball, so you are just responding to what I wrote. lol

When I said restart, I meant resume. Sorry about the confusion. But yeah, if this game doesnt resume, Im gonna be livid.

Ahh got you lol

Still no decision yet
[ Edited by ImaMod on Apr 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone