• Veteran

[ Edited by ImaMod on Oct 3, 2012 at 4:05 PM ]
lol depressing thread
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
lol depressing thread

lol this lol

Wtf opening day is 3AM cause its in Japan f**k that..
Ok, so I did a little "scouting" at yesterday's game. A fun one over the Reds. It was only one game so there isn't too much to say.

Weeks and Crisp DNP

Bartolo - Very Solid outing. His fastball is no where near it used to be. But he's still a bit imposing. A lot of ground ball outs thru his 4 innings of work.

Yoenis - A walk, a base hit up the middle, and a dinger. Great day at the plate for Cespedes. His HR was a no-doubter. I stood up as soon as he connected...the left fielder barely moved. Gone!

Manny - Looks overweight, but not necessarily "fat". Worked the count on each AB. Gets up the line fairly well for an outta shape dude.

Reddick - A nice contact hitter. I'm uncertain about the amount of power this kid has. Then again,Phoenix Municipal is about 340 down the lines (410 to Center), so there won't be too many HR's in Spring Training.

Pennington - I foresee a good year from this guy. Looks a bit bigger/stronger...more confident at the plate. He might just breakout...he'll definitely be given the opportunity.

Donaldson - Should definitely be platooning. Not an everyday type of guy at all.

B Allen - Had a 7 RBI a few days ago . The job is his, especially taking into consideration his competition (Barton) is hurt again.

Seth Smith - Is not Josh Willingham (LOL) Might bring a steady stick...but nothing more than that.
Yes! baseball is back! I was going to start this thread but I am glad someone jumped too it!
"Bartolo Colon signing with the Oakland ATHLETICS might be the most ironic transaction in major league history."
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jigga:
Ok, so I did a little "scouting" at yesterday's game. A fun one over the Reds. It was only one game so there isn't too much to say.

Weeks and Crisp DNP

Bartolo - Very Solid outing. His fastball is no where near it used to be. But he's still a bit imposing. A lot of ground ball outs thru his 4 innings of work.

Yoenis - A walk, a base hit up the middle, and a dinger. Great day at the plate for Cespedes. His HR was a no-doubter. I stood up as soon as he connected...the left fielder barely moved. Gone!

Manny - Looks overweight, but not necessarily "fat". Worked the count on each AB. Gets up the line fairly well for an outta shape dude.

Reddick - A nice contact hitter. I'm uncertain about the amount of power this kid has. Then again,Phoenix Municipal is about 340 down the lines (410 to Center), so there won't be too many HR's in Spring Training.

Pennington - I foresee a good year from this guy. Looks a bit bigger/stronger...more confident at the plate. He might just breakout...he'll definitely be given the opportunity.

Donaldson - Should definitely be platooning. Not an everyday type of guy at all.

B Allen - Had a 7 RBI a few days ago . The job is his, especially taking into consideration his competition (Barton) is hurt again.

Seth Smith - Is not Josh Willingham (LOL) Might bring a steady stick...but nothing more than that.

I agree with almost everything you said, I watched the same game at home on CSN California.
Manny looked washed up but remember he hasnt played in a year. Also I've read that he's taken Cespedes under his wing and theyre usually around each other a lot which I think is pretty cool. There was an article I read where they were chilling in center field together and Manny was going over batting stances. I thought that was really cool, thats one thing I love about Manny is he'll help out the younger guys and will be a great mentor to Cespedes.

Outside of actually playing I think he's going to be a great complement to our club especially to Cespedes. But remember it'll take some time to get some of the rust off. I think he'll bat around .260 ish with double digit homeruns but wont be anything special. Kinda like Matsui was last year.
Originally posted by Niners99:
"Bartolo Colon signing with the Oakland ATHLETICS might be the most ironic transaction in major league history."

depressing thread is depressing
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

depressing thread is depressing

It wont be depressing a couple years from now I guarantee that.
I still think it'll be somewhat entertaining watching Weeks (i love the guy) and Cespedes

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
According to The Chronicle's Matier & Ross, the #Athletics have two potential suitors with interest in buying team, keeping it in Oakland:

Two investment groups - including one that recently dropped out of the high-priced bidding for the Los Angeles Dodgers - have expressed serious interest in buying the Oakland A's and keeping the team in its current home

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/11/BAAV1NIOMK.DTL#ixzz1ow33OJ98

Wouldn't be surprised if this was planted by the Giants. The likelihood of this happening is not very good. So someone's going to spend all the money to buy the team, then shell out all the money themselves to privately finance a stadium? In Oakland?

Not to mention the fact that Oakland has spun their wheels so much on the A's the past decade, and there is yet to be a realistic proposal for a ballpark location. Not to mention the time it would take to make a deal and then transfer ownership, then start from basically scratch on an Oakland ballpark plan. We're looking at another decade at the least of MLB purgatory.

And why is this suddenly coming to light now? The Giants are doing a full court press.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Wouldn't be surprised if this was planted by the Giants. The likelihood of this happening is not very good. So someone's going to spend all the money to buy the team, then shell out all the money themselves to privately finance a stadium? In Oakland?

Not to mention the fact that Oakland has spun their wheels so much on the A's the past decade, and there is yet to be a realistic proposal for a ballpark location. Not to mention the time it would take to make a deal and then transfer ownership, then start from basically scratch on an Oakland ballpark plan. We're looking at another decade at the least of MLB purgatory.

And why is this suddenly coming to light now? The Giants are doing a full court press.

Im from the south bay, and its ALL Giants down there. We'd like to keep it that way for future fans. the A's playing down there would be as awkward as the Giants playing in Oakland.

Would you want your drunken, dysfunctional neighbor moving in to your house unannounced and taking food from you fridge? Of course not.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Mar 14, 2012 at 2:11 AM ]
This isn't a good thing, the team needs to move and get a new home in a better market. Another long year ahead and doing nothing more than staying out of last place. This sucks, I hate having a team in such a poor state.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
According to The Chronicle's Matier & Ross, the #Athletics have two potential suitors with interest in buying team, keeping it in Oakland:

Two investment groups - including one that recently dropped out of the high-priced bidding for the Los Angeles Dodgers - have expressed serious interest in buying the Oakland A's and keeping the team in its current home

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/11/BAAV1NIOMK.DTL#ixzz1ow33OJ98

please A's, build a ballpark in Oakland just like the Giants did in San Francisco
Share 49ersWebzone