There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013-14 Los Angeles Clippers thread

Originally posted by Jcool:
Melissa Rohlin ‏@melissarohlin

Wow! Sterling's wife is here. I'm shocked!!! Just saw her walk through the tunnel.

clippers starting 5 (i believe) have shed the black armband/unity thing as well...
So is the high end prostitute the wife or the ex-wife?
New York Post ‏@nypost 19m
EXCLUSIVE: Disgraced Clippers owner Donald Sterling is battling cancer http://nyp.st/1i40QRN

8-9 from 3 land
Okc people need to do a better job with their fans.

Thought clippers were the home team for a moment
Originally posted by ads_2006:

once they smile you see they're not from LA
Originally posted by crabman82:

there were no black folk in the crowd either :p
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:

there were no black folk in the crowd either :p

everyone on the Clippers wagon
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews

Report: Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to buy Los Angeles Clippers for a record $2 billion - @latimes http://lat.ms/1pp9ymm&nbsp
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Andrea Chang ‏@byandreachang

Sterling's lawyer just told me, in Sterling's driveway, "My belief is he will not sell this team."
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne

There is now a signed, binding agreement between Ballmer and the Sterling family trust to sell the Clippers for $2billion, ESPN has learned
  • BobS
  • Veteran

There is now a signed, binding agreement between Ballmer and the Sterling family trust to sell the Clippers for $2billion, ESPN has learned
Can someone explain to me how the Clippers fetched $2 Billion when The Bucks sold for $550 Million. They don't have a good deal with the Staples Center, until the last couple years they were usually bottom feeders rarely making the play-offs. You can count their play-off series wins on one hand even though they have been in the league over 40 years. They did win their only division titles the last two years, but they sold for 3 times their estimated value.
Originally posted by BobS:
Can someone explain to me how the Clippers fetched $2 Billion when The Bucks sold for $550 Million. They don't have a good deal with the Staples Center, until the last couple years they were usually bottom feeders rarely making the play-offs. You can count their play-off series wins on one hand even though they have been in the league over 40 years. They did win their only division titles the last two years, but they sold for 3 times their estimated value.

Apparently, Steve Ballmer REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wants a basketball team . . .
likely an indication of Seattle's chances (or lack thereof) to land one - as this, obviously, will end his association with Hansen's group.
Originally posted by BobS:

team on the rise, good group of core players, championship caliber coach, top market.

More importantly, you, as an owner, get hailed as a savior that will liberate this team from the shackles of its racist owner, so there was going to be a bidding war for that role.