There are 154 users in the forums

2013-14 Los Angeles Clippers thread

Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Who cares what killing he makes.He wont be able to continue to profit any further.

He and people who think like he does who are in positions of power to act on their racist beliefs,should be exsposed and removed.The statement needs to be made it WILL NOT be tolerated.

How exactly is he acting on his racist beliefs?

You've obviously been hiding under a rock here recently?Google is your friend.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3520643610001/jim-gray-donald-sterling-says-clippers-not-for-sale/#sp=show-clips
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
That said, Sterling is still going to make about like a f**king bandit. Bought the Clippers for $12 million....going to sell them for what......$700 million??

Yes but there isnt anything anyone can do about that. Most sports owners are so filthy rich that the money isnt as important as the exposure they get and their huge egos. That all comes crashing down for Sterling.

Adam Silver may not be the most polished speaker but I guarantee you that the players love him right now.
That is what Colin Cowherd was saying on the radio yesterday about Sterling, it says to this day he has never sold anything of substance. he buys real estate, rents it out and buys more with the proceeds. It is said he is the biggest land owner in Southern California and that is what floats his boat along with the exposure he gets from owning the Clippers. Hopefully the loss of access to the Clippers will pop his huge ego, from all accounts dude is a big a-hole. I hope he sells soon, because the coach and players bailing out just hurts the long suffering Clipper fans.
The way that Stephen A. Smith screams at the camera to make a point, whether it be good or bad, drives me f**king nuts. He needs to take it back a notch because some of the stuff he says is pretty damn heavy but I can't take him serious.

Great move by Adam Silver. He needed to bring the hammer down, hard.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Yes but there isnt anything anyone can do about that. Most sports owners are so filthy rich that the money isnt as important as the exposure they get and their huge egos. That all comes crashing down for Sterling.

Adam Silver may not be the most polished speaker but I guarantee you that the players love him right now.

I agree with this. The money is awesome, but Sterling would much rather have the prestige and power that comes with being an NBA owner. He could have sold a while ago and made a killing if he wanted the profit. He gets off on the glamor and being a "slave owner." The stories coming out about him, even from the white Tom Tolbert, are hilarious.

Silver did what he had to do, but I don't know why everyone is praising him to this extent. He had no other choice. It was a no brainer for him and the league.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
The way that Stephen A. Smith screams at the camera to make a point, whether it be good or bad, drives me f**king nuts. He needs to take it back a notch because some of the stuff he says is pretty damn heavy but I can't take him serious.

Great move by Adam Silver. He needed to bring the hammer down, hard.

Yeah, he is annoying as hell but his point about the NAACP is hilarious. Idiots gave him two lifetime achievement awards because he gave them good tickets to the game. Ha.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Melissa Rohlin ‏@melissarohlin

Wow! Sterling's wife is here. I'm shocked!!! Just saw her walk through the tunnel.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Melissa Rohlin ‏@melissarohlin

Wow! Sterling's wife is here. I'm shocked!!! Just saw her walk through the tunnel.

clippers starting 5 (i believe) have shed the black armband/unity thing as well...
So is the high end prostitute the wife or the ex-wife?
New York Post ‏@nypost 19m
EXCLUSIVE: Disgraced Clippers owner Donald Sterling is battling cancer http://nyp.st/1i40QRN

8-9 from 3 land
Okc people need to do a better job with their fans.

Thought clippers were the home team for a moment
Originally posted by ads_2006:

once they smile you see they're not from LA
Originally posted by crabman82:

there were no black folk in the crowd either :p
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:

there were no black folk in the crowd either :p

Share 49ersWebzone