There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013-14 Los Angeles Clippers thread

Originally posted by marshniners24:
You are forgive my negro

for a second I thought I was going to get tarred, feathered, strung up and hung from a noose off of a oak tree and left to dangle there for the rest of webzone to see.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Sterling won't sell the franchise to magic Johnson lol

Plus I don't think anyone can force him too.

Even if the NBA doesn't force him to sell his franchise, I can't imagine him being the owner much longer. This is a huge blow to the Clippers organization. If he stays, players would demand trades. Sponsors are currently dropping like flies. Even Doc is implicating that this might be his last year if Sterling isn't removed. And what free agents are they going to attract in a league dominated by African Americans? Scouts are reporting that draft prospects are saying they'd hold out if they were drafted by the Clippers. He done goofed up.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
You are forgive my negro

for a second I thought I was going to get tarred, feathered, strung up and hung from a noose off of a oak tree and left to dangle there for the rest of webzone to see.

LOL... Not that that's funny
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Even if the NBA doesn't force him to sell his franchise, I can't imagine him being the owner much longer. This is a huge blow to the Clippers organization. If he stays, players would demand trades. Sponsors are currently dropping like flies. Even Doc is implicating that this might be his last year if Sterling isn't removed. And what free agents are they going to attract in a league dominated by African Americans? Scouts are reporting that draft prospects are saying they'd hold out if they were drafted by the Clippers. He done goofed up.
he was already known racist...why would Doc or anyone else act the way they do ?

pretty much every owner is this way
Well

He bought the franchise for like 20 million.

He'll have to lose a lot of money (ie 980 million) before break a sweat
just realized your name is HailSatan
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

he was already known racist...why would Doc or anyone else act the way they do ?

pretty much every owner is this way

Even if that were true, I'm sure most of the owners are smart enough to not get caught airing out their prejudices and become the hot topic of controversy that has caused a media and nationwide uproar.

Sterling's racism has been known/speculated among NBA owner circles for decades but now, there is undeniable evidence to back it up via hours and hours of tape/recordings. It's out and everyone knows.

A few days ago, the Clippers were blooming title contenders. Now, all anyone talks/thinks about concerning the Clippers is their racist owner and the perception of this team has been marred. This is a huge distraction and if it continues to get out of hand, this puts a ton of pressure on the players and coaches - I can easily see Doc and a few of the players bailing.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Reposting my own 2cents from FB:

I feel the same way that Chauncey Billups does.

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/4/28/5661832/donald-sterling-chauncey-billups-no-way-i-wouldve-played

In my opinion, the Clip players failed to make the statement of their lives, and for what?
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

Racist. What is he saying? The black guy doesn't have a good enough paying job to bring his white friend to the game? Unbelievable.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/4/28/5661832/donald-sterling-chauncey-billups-no-way-i-wouldve-played

In my opinion, the Clip players failed to make the statement of their lives, and for what?

Totally disagree.

The media is making more out of this than it is. They feed off this s**t. So the Clippers shouldn't play because one old fart said a racist thing in the privacy of his home while being illegally recorded? Come on.

Say what you want about the NAACP but they did give him one award and were about to give him a second. Do I believe Sterling is a full on racist along the lines of KKK members? f**k no. Does he have racist thoughts and feelings. From what he said, of course.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

lol, BS..he would play
I think they players should play, The fans are the ones who shouldnt show up and dont buy concessions or any other merchandise
Clipers lost a good amount of Sponsors, Red Bull, Virgin Air, State Farm Etc