LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 303 users in the forums

2013-14 Los Angeles Clippers thread

He sounds very nervous. Isn't really saying much to these questions lol
I expected Sterling to be banned from all NBA activities, but didn't expect them to force him to sell the team as well. Silver absolutely dropped the hammer on him, NBA ain't f**king around. It's long overdue too, Sterling has been an asshat for a long time.
That said, Sterling is still going to make about like a f**king bandit. Bought the Clippers for $12 million....going to sell them for what......$700 million??
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
That said, Sterling is still going to make about like a f**king bandit. Bought the Clippers for $12 million....going to sell them for what......$700 million??

This. So he sells the team.. He makes a killing.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Anybody watching Silver give this info? He couldn't sound more like a layer robot reading a prepared statement if he tried.

He is saying all the right things, but it doesn't sound like he believes a word of it. He's a terrible public speaker and has zero charisma or presence.

I noticed this on the radio when he first spoke about this. We... are... terribly... disa..ppointed.... in this.. owner.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
So he sells the team.. He makes a killing.

Who cares what killing he makes.He wont be able to continue to profit any further.

He and people who think like he does who are in positions of power to act on their racist beliefs,should be exsposed and removed.The statement needs to be made it WILL NOT be tolerated.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Apr 29, 2014 at 11:54 AM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Anybody watching Silver give this info? He couldn't sound more like a layer robot reading a prepared statement if he tried.

He is saying all the right things, but it doesn't sound like he believes a word of it. He's a terrible public speaker and has zero charisma or presence.

I noticed this on the radio when he first spoke about this. We... are... terribly... disa..ppointed.... in this.. owner.

Cut the guy some slack lol. It's a HUGE moment and he's only been commissioner for a short while.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yes but there isnt anything anyone can do about that. Most sports owners are so filthy rich that the money isnt as important as the exposure they get and their huge egos. That all comes crashing down for Sterling.

Adam Silver may not be the most polished speaker but I guarantee you that the players love him right now.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Yes but there isnt anything anyone can do about that. Most sports owners are so filthy rich that the money isnt as important as the exposure they get and their huge egos. That all comes crashing down for Sterling.

Adam Silver may not be the most polished speaker but I guarantee you that the players love him right now.

Yea he became Commissioner Silver today.
Sterling isn't the first racist boss and isn't the last.

NBA definitely sent out the right message and hopefully many more businesses follow

• jrg
  • Veteran
Los Angeles Clippers Website Shows 'We Are One' Text After Donald Sterling Ban

link
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Who cares what killing he makes.He wont be able to continue to profit any further.

He and people who think like he does who are in positions of power to act on their racist beliefs,should be exsposed and removed.The statement needs to be made it WILL NOT be tolerated.

How exactly is he acting on his racist beliefs? Does he only hire white coaches and players?
NBA did what they had to do, not likely what they wanted.

Wonder how clipper players respond cause sterling isn't going away quickly or quietly
Silver just did what Stern should've done YEARS ago. He's making an example out of Sterling and sending a message to the rest of the league that I believe after all of this should be crystal clear.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Apr 29, 2014 at 12:07 PM ]
Way to dress up, Tyson

Share 49ersWebzone