LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Official 2011-12 Oakland Athletics Offseason Thread

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I just love how the A's and Giants originally shared the South Bay, the A's gave the Giants full claim of the South Bay territory when the Giants were looking to build a stadium there, and now they have the nerve to hold it over the A's heads for a huge bounty. f**k the Giants! This is why even if the A's were to be contracted (which wont happen) I would never EVER be a Giants fan.

LOL. I'm pretty sure the Giants wont be too upset that they wont have you as a fan. Have fun rooting for a last place team though for the next decade. They will always be the stepchild in the Bay Area and should move anyway.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
LOL. I'm pretty sure the Giants wont be too upset that they wont have you as a fan. Have fun rooting for a last place team though for the next decade. They will always be the stepchild in the Bay Area and should move anyway.

meh giants had a lucky year and will be an average team the next few years

And the Giants were always the "stepchild" until like 3 years ago years. A's owned the 70's 80's and2000 - 2006. Both teams were nothing in the 90's
Stop acting like you guys are the Yankees cause you guys had 1 good year

Not to mention we beat you guys in a world series!
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jan 15, 2012 at 2:34 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:

And the Giants were always the "stepchild" until like 3 years ago years. A's owned the 70's 80's and2000 - 2006. Both teams were nothing in the 90's

Yea....except our payroll is twice as much as yours and no one cares for the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa's.

LOL. The A's havent outdrawn the Giants in attendance in 20 years. All they are now is a team that trades off their best players and doesnt do anything to try and win. They are a pathetic franchise run by terrible ownership. As for how the Giants will perform in the next few years... well I dont have a crystal ball so I dont know if they will win another WS or not. One thing I DO know.. they will have a much better chance than the A's.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
LOL. The A's havent outdrawn the Giants in attendance in 20 years. All they are now is a team that trades off their best players and doesnt do anything to try and win. They are a pathetic franchise run by terrible ownership. As for how the Giants will perform in the next few years... well I dont have a crystal ball so I dont know if they will win another WS or not. One thing I DO know.. they will have a much better chance than the A's.

Good job stating the obvious
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Yea....except our payroll is twice as much as yours and no one cares for the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa's.

You sound like ninertalk

Good job stating the obvious
Just the facts. Unlike you who seems to have some crystal ball and know the Giants will be average for the next few years.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Just the facts. Unlike you who seems to have some crystal ball and know the Giants will be average for the next few years.

lol I know the A's owners are terrible ad I realize that we trade our great players every year, and it freakin annoys me. Im just saying dude following the franchise it pisses me off how pathetic we are now especially after being one of the best teams last decade.

It makes me feel better to say you guys will be average

I will say this though we have enough prospects now to be good in 2015 lolz too bad we'll probably trade those players too
You sound like ninertalk

You sound like a bitter fan...
You sound like ninertalk

Its hard to blame him though. Kind of like being a Warrior fan. Maybe its the curse of Oakland.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
You sound like ninertalk

Do you blame me? :(
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
We traded Moscoso and Outman for Seth smith

Meh
We traded Moscoso and Outman for Seth smith

Meh

If Seth Smith couldnt be a consistent hitter in Colorado its hard to imagine him being great hitting in Oakland. However, he has always been pretty decent against RHP. He just cant hit Lefties at all and is at best a platoon player.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
If Seth Smith couldnt be a consistent hitter in Colorado its hard to imagine him being great hitting in Oakland. However, he has always been pretty decent against RHP. He just cant hit Lefties at all and is at best a platoon player.

Ya I agree.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I just love how the A's and Giants originally shared the South Bay, the A's gave the Giants full claim of the South Bay territory when the Giants were looking to build a stadium there, and now they have the nerve to hold it over the A's heads for a huge bounty. f**k the Giants! This is why even if the A's were to be contracted (which wont happen) I would never EVER be a Giants fan.

Why do you take this post personally? I'm not going to get into it with you. If the 49ers still sucked I would feel bad, at least I have the 49ers to fall back on while the A's are sucking. I'll celebrate the few minor successes and wait for the day when we'll be good again. Sports are cyclical, the A's will be good again in time. Unless you're the Clippers, Warriors, Cubs, Pirates, Browns, or Cardinals.
Share 49ersWebzone